StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Buy Zone strategy on Forex<< >>Post Follow-up
cr0cop
87 posts
msg #76513
Ignore cr0cop
7/16/2009 1:06:50 AM

hello TRO or anyone who uses the buy zone on Forex, i was wondering if the rules of the buy zone are still these:
(and what type of time frame should we use when doing this....5 minute candles?)
The long zone is the Open Price + .0003 and +.0004.

The short zone is the Open Price - .0003 and -.0004.

For the USDJPY use .03/.04 instead.

Go long on green (bull) candle in the long zone and short on red (bear) candle

in short zone.

I reset the Buy Zone at the start of the hour.

Or you can use the London, New York and Sydney open prices.

SL is 5 to 7 pips.

TP is whatever you can get before it goes against you.

If the candle is GREEN at the Long trigger line, you go long.

If the candle is RED at the Short trigger line, you go short.

There is no other entry.

thanks

cr0cop
87 posts
msg #76517
Ignore cr0cop
7/16/2009 1:37:17 AM

forgot to ask, do you redraw the Buy Zone lines every hour or just at the daily open (one set of lines for the whole day)?
thanks

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #76547
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/16/2009 1:13:30 PM

I use the session open for LONDON, AUSTRALIA and NEW YORK for my Forex BUY ZONES.

cr0cop
87 posts
msg #76549
Ignore cr0cop
7/16/2009 1:38:00 PM

so is this done in 1 minute candle sticks? thanks

cr0cop
87 posts
msg #76552
Ignore cr0cop
7/16/2009 3:04:48 PM

so just to confirm, its LSE and ASX and NYSE, whenever they open that is when you draw your buy zone lines on the EUR/USD? cuz i thought we were supposed to draw them at the time the forex daily bar opens, could you please clear this up for me thanks

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Buy Zone strategy on Forex<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.