StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · CAUTION - Organizing Filters<< >>Post Follow-up
erok2020
13 posts
msg #101368
Ignore erok2020
6/27/2011 12:43:32 PM

I spent all day building and testing filters and had to resort them. I moved some up and down the list and deleted a few. When I hit SAVE it failed to save. When I returned, half of my filters are gone. Apparently moving them around and then deleting some of them confused the system... I did have SF2.0 open and was able to cut and paste a couple of them before they disappeared.

I highly suggest you cut and paste your filters to your computer as a back up.

I built some backtests with these My (lost) filters - is there a way to recover them from the backtest area?

Thanks,
Eric

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #101809
Ignore decipherlinda
7/25/2011 11:22:20 PM

Don't know about recovering filters but there's a quick way to backup your filters before you reorganize them.

After clicking on the main tab "My Filters", click on "Settings" at the top right of the new page (which is the listing of your filters), then the second option on the page that comes up is "Click Export to download your filters" --> by clicking on EXPORT, a Notepad file comes up that has all the code from all of your filters. Granted, it's not as easy to read as if you cut and paste each filter because it's a text file without formatting, but it's all there and serves as an excellent backup.

Occasionally I start to revamp a filter (without backing it up) and realize it was better before I started playing with it, but the original code is lost. Or, I delete a filter and then wish I hadn't. So, I find it's good to perform a backup periodically anyway.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · CAUTION - Organizing Filters<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.