StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · CEGIS!! A question about logic system.<< >>Post Follow-up
woofys
212 posts
msg #34457
Ignore woofys
12/21/2004 7:44:15 PM

Cegis, you told me to look at Zepher.com I did and I cant find anything on that site pertaining to the logic system.I also checked it out on the spot at the home page where you look up old posts...nothing. Where on that site do I find info on logic? I've seen what therumpleone has to say on the subject but he's not about to start explaining any of it to the layman. Cegis, I have read many of your posts and I must admit I'm very impresssed. Both you and muddy and some of the more knowledgeable members ought to join forces and compose a "LOGIC SYSTEM GUIDE FOR THE GREAT UNWASHED"
Cegis, you pull this feat off and you'll go to heaven when you die.

Oh, by the way what does the

cegis
235 posts
msg #34467
Ignore cegis
12/22/2004 4:23:57 PM

woofys,

Geez, I blush!

But you mis-read what I posted...

It's not Zepher.com, it's, Yepher.com. As in yepher, the SF member. There's a direct link to his manual in these forums somewhere. Search the SF forums for Yepher.com, and you should be able to find it pretty easily...

If you have specific questions, just ask. The **KEY** point to the whole thing is the fact that "zero times anything equals zero", and "one times anything equals anything". You get your zero and one values using count(<cond>,1), and zero means that <cond> is false, and 1 means it's true. Does that help?

HTH,

C

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #34539
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/26/2004 11:34:43 PM

I AM REPOSTING THIS:

/* OR Implementation */
/* by definition OR is TRUE IF A is TRUE, B is TRUE, or A AND B is TRUE*/
/* THEREFORE by counting and adding, if the sum is greater than 0 the OR condition is TRUE. */
/* Copyright 2003 by Avery T. Horton, Jr. */
/* Permission to use OR Implementation within StockFetcher Granted */
/* Permission to publish or post on any other forum DENIED */
/* ----------------------------------------------------------------*/
set{A, count(close above 100, 1)}
set{B, count(volume above 50,000,000, 1)}
set{OR1, A + B}
show stocks where OR1 above 0

/* AND Implementation */
/* by definition A AND B is TRUE IF A is TRUE and B is TRUE*/
/* THEREFORE by counting and adding, if the sum is equal to 2 the AND condition is TRUE. */
/* Permission to use NOT Implementation withing StockFetcher Granted */
set{A, count(close above 100, 1)}
set{B, count(volume above 1000000, 1)}
set{X, A + B}
show stocks where X equal 2

/* NOT Implementation */
/* by definition NOT A is TRUE IF A is FALSE*/
/* THEREFORE by counting and adding, if the sum is equal to 0 the NOT condition is TRUE. */
/* Permission to use NOT Implementation withing StockFetcher Granted */
set{NOT, count(close below 100, 1)}
show stocks where NOT equal 0

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

woofys
212 posts
msg #34905
Ignore woofys
1/16/2005 2:16:06 PM

Thank you cegis. Sorry for taking so long to reply.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · CEGIS!! A question about logic system.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.