StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · CMO vs CCI<< >>Post Follow-up
peaking67
22 posts
msg #44482
Ignore peaking67
6/1/2006 2:23:11 PM

Anybody have an opinion of Commodity Channel Index & Chande Momentum Oscill.? Any preference of one over the other & why? They're both over-bought & over-sold indicators, but wondered about any preferences.
Thnx, Sid

peaking67
22 posts
msg #44509
Ignore peaking67
6/1/2006 9:50:20 PM

Thnx, Alf44; that was helpful. I'll stick w/ CCI.
Sid

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #44510
Ignore alf44
modified
6/1/2006 10:40:59 PM

peaking67,

Glad it was helpful !

I added ANOTHER line to the post with regard to the similarities of CCI and Bollie Bands !

GLTY

Regards,

alf44

PS. BTW, I love RSI...but...fairly recently I have reverted back to the CCI ! Actually, I'm currently using a 2 CCI set-up of CCI(10) and CCI(30) ! fwiw

BFreshour
139 posts
msg #44513
Ignore BFreshour
6/1/2006 11:12:07 PM

I'm copying alf's 10, 30 setup because I can't think of any combination on my own. ;)

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #44486
Ignore alf44
modified
6/2/2006 1:04:03 AM

peaking67,

The CMO is basically yet another version of the RSI !

The main difference is the scale that each indicator uses.

The CMO values of + - 100...would correspond with the RSI values of 70 and 30.

The CMO value of 0...would correspond closely with the RSI value of 50. fwiw

They are very similar in their calculations and are basically identical in their implementation. imo

-------------------------------------

The CCI basically calculates and plots...

...the "mean deviation" of an Average of the "Typical Price"...

*(Typical Price = High + Low + Close / 3)

*[this calculation can apply to whatever timeframe you are using]

I consider CCI to be a proxy for Bollinger Bands...strange as that may sound !

Zero line crosses are very important and closely coincide with a Price Close above/below an EMA of the same period ! This is one of the main things I like about the CCI !

Also, the + - 100 and + - 200 levels are important levels of Overbought/Oversold ! This would be very similar to a penetration of an Upper Bollinger Band/Lower Bollinger Band ! fwiw

I've used ALL of these indicators a great deal !

Currently, my preference is the CCI for a variety of reasons !

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #44514
Ignore alf44
modified
6/2/2006 1:06:27 AM

Bfresh,

Almost EVERYTHING I do...I either copied...was inspired by...improvised from...or, was FLAT OUT STOLEN...from someone/something else !

There is NO guilt whatsoever in that (and I don't mean to imply that there is) !!!

------------------------

You are studying...you are learning...AND...you are on "THE PATH"...just like the rest of us !

From my perspective, you're asking many of the right questions !

Regards,

alf44

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · CMO vs CCI<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.