StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion ·  CNBC is the joke<< >>Post Follow-up
bpmiller1
26 posts
msg #72108
Ignore bpmiller1
modified
3/5/2009 11:26:48 PM

Go to this Link: : http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2009/03/jon-stewart-vs.html
or google =Jon Stewart vs Santelli and watch the video

Play The video: Jon Stewart vs CNBC.... Yuk it up!

marine2
963 posts
msg #72113
Ignore marine2
3/6/2009 2:29:43 AM

CNBC really scares people away from the market. I always thought they were supposed to be pro market analysts?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #72121
Ignore karennma
3/6/2009 7:58:59 AM

CNBC is garbage.
Bloomberg is "serious" business news.
CNBC is a joke.
JMHO.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #72124
Ignore luc1grunt
3/6/2009 8:20:20 AM

Fox business is decent overall, but the chicky in the morning has made me "tune out". Too much personal opinion and she takes 70% of the interview time with her personal situations....who can watch this?

Bloomberg...steady

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #72215
Ignore guru_trader
3/7/2009 2:36:46 AM

I assumed you already knew this ... cnbc "for entertainment purposes only" ... anyway, we need CBC to scare all the newbie / amateur traders into making mistakes

bpmiller1
26 posts
msg #72220
Ignore bpmiller1
3/7/2009 11:20:42 AM

Funny there are 4 comments and not one is on how funny and accurate the video is which is the point of this whole thread!

Did anyone watch the video or are you all just commenting on the headline I put up?

And no the other channels are not much better, How can you have accurate reporting when your subject matter is filtered through a process relying on lies and deceit? The banks still haven't fully disclosed yet. Lets face it the game is rigged and algorithm black box trading doesn't help .

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #72223
Ignore karennma
3/7/2009 12:29:33 PM

The video IS hilarious!
Especially the part where he says, "Bailout out the Banks who were smart enough to sell the bad loans, but don't bailout the people who were dumb enough to buy them". (or something of that nature)
You know what''s shocking?
Most people I know think the "too-big- to-fails" should be bailed out (the MBAs, the CEOs, etc.) but the "too dumb to matter" shouldn't be.
Let's see ... smart, educated, multi-millionaire businessmen sell bogus loans to low-income, barely got outta high school joe schmucks ... the millionaire scammers get bailed out, but according to Rick Santelli, the idiot joe schmucks who were dumb enough to buy the sales pitch "deserve" nothing!
How pathetic.
I guess what John Wayne said is true ...
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid".
This is the "civilized society" we've become.
Sad indeed!

marine2
963 posts
msg #72228
Ignore marine2
3/7/2009 4:28:39 PM

Bottom line is, only trust YOUR own intellect, judgement and experience. Be your own money manager. Quit relying on tv, newsletters, magazines, stock club evangelists for advice. Do your own homework and be an expert at reading the market. Gut instinct goes a long ways in this game. Yes, I agree with the one responder saying that CNBC is for entertainment only.

Jim Cramer's show in this financial / market melt down environment needs to take a hiatus. He needs to drop the circus act and behave more like Louis Rukeyser's style of presentation. Sucking in young investors in this wild, negative environment will only turn them off eventually after they lose their money.

bpmiller1
26 posts
msg #72680
Ignore bpmiller1
3/13/2009 3:50:36 PM

In the" for entertainment purposes only" category Ive always placed Rush Limbaugh there also. I used to listen to him all the time when he first came on , thought he was really funny. Now it seems hes been taken seriously, some even hand their mind and thoughts over to him for adjustment. Rush use to say about himself "I take on the world with half my brain tied behind my back! . Now Whos got half their brain tied behind their back?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion ·  CNBC is the joke<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.