StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · COMPX AND OVERSOLD / OVERBOUGHT INDICATORS<< >>Post Follow-up
corsino
259 posts
msg #35607
Ignore corsino
4/14/2005 12:09:55 PM

This question wouldn't apply to day-traders,but does any swing trader time his trades to the status of the COMPX or any other major average ? It seems that the COMPX, for example, goes into oversold or overbought territory about once a month. Since the market has a strong influence on individual stocks, it would seem beneficial to consider it,
Right now, the COMPX is approaching an oversold condition on RSI (2), %R (10) and Stoch (5, 3, 3), but may drop some more.

jclaffee
81 posts
msg #35610
Ignore jclaffee
4/14/2005 3:18:52 PM

corsino,

I guess I fit the swing trader mold: I do not time my trades according to the OBOS condition of the averages but I do keep a close watch on them as an indication of the mindset of the trading public. I chart the NYSE Composite and the NASDAQ Composite every day along with the TRIN, the (New Highs-New Lows)
and the (Advancers - Decliners) for each. Mainly, I am looking for guidance as to whether I should be active on the long or short front. I'm disappointed today to see that the COMP has blown south past the lows of 3-28 -- I was hoping that this level would provide support -- I am of a "long" disposition, I guess. COMP has been sick for quite a while, though. Looks like next potential support level is about 1925 - 1930.

Jim

corsino
259 posts
msg #35612
Ignore corsino
4/14/2005 5:26:24 PM

Hi Jim
Yes,if I were a market technician ( which I'm not),I might say that the Dow has, or is about to break, a six-month head-and-shoulders pattern to the downside.Hopefully,conditions might improve next week.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · COMPX AND OVERSOLD / OVERBOUGHT INDICATORS<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.