StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Can any one help with this?<< >>Post Follow-up
gloria1141
3 posts
msg #84855
Ignore gloria1141
12/23/2009 11:39:53 AM

i keep getting Syntax errors on this filter. There is more to it than I have posted here but it seems that the first line is mostly what is wrong. I asked Stockfetcher if they could correct the problem for me, but they said they are too busy to go over it and suggested I post it here. Thank you for any help. I am trying to find pull backs.

Set {HAV, High 13 day High * AvgVol( 50) } And Set {HPD, High 13 day High - Price} and
Set {HPX, HPD / Price} and Set { PCD, weekly price - weekly price 1 week ago} and
Set {PCR, PCD / weekly price 1 week ago} and Set {PCX, PCR * 100} eep getting Syntax errors on this filter:

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #84856
Ignore johnpaulca
12/23/2009 11:45:26 AM

Too busy to help??? yeh...too much eggnog Tom...so typical of SF.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #84859
Ignore chetron
12/23/2009 11:57:13 AM

NOTHING WRONG WITH IT, OPERATOR ERROR...

Fetcher[
Set {HAV, High 13 day High * AvgVol( 50) }
Set {HPD, High 13 day High - Price}
Set {HPX, HPD / Price}
Set { PCD, weekly price - weekly price 1 week ago}
Set {PCR, PCD / weekly price 1 week ago}
Set {PCX, PCR * 100}
]

gloria1141
3 posts
msg #84908
Ignore gloria1141
12/24/2009 10:28:37 AM

I really thank you who have replied. What do you mean operator error? Maybe there are just too many sets and things for the filter to work. It is quite long in total. My son wrote this, I cannot write them, but he is somewhat like the guy on 'NUMBERS' except he does all that math in his head and doesn't know how he does it himself.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #84911
Ignore chetron
12/24/2009 10:57:59 AM

by operator error, i mean i am not having any problems with what you posted, so it must have something to do with what you are doing, of course it would be easier if you just posted the entire filter, if it isn't working for you, it's not worth anything.

glty

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Can any one help with this?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.