StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Can someone please clarify to me why the DMA is so significant?<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
shillllihs
5,963 posts
msg #143578
Ignore shillllihs
5/16/2018 2:17:33 AM

If you recall, I was all for DMA, until I noticed the indicator flipping.
If only trading with DMA was that ez, that would be sweet.

Mactheriverrat
3,131 posts
msg #143579
Ignore Mactheriverrat
5/16/2018 3:19:01 AM

Roger that !!!!!

Mactheriverrat
3,131 posts
msg #143581
Ignore Mactheriverrat
5/16/2018 2:04:40 PM

I see what your saying on the DMA signals . My bad !!!!!!!

BlackBars
54 posts
msg #143584
Ignore BlackBars
5/16/2018 2:19:20 PM

I hope this makes sense to all that may have misunderstood the inquiry that I am attempting to raise regarding the DMA.

Exhibit A:

https://prnt.sc/jiqdk1

In this screenshot, you see a plotted 24 period moving average displaced 14 bars, AKA the DMA(24,-14) via a tradingview chart.

Exhibit B:

https://prnt.sc/jiqiwz

In this screenshot, you can see stockfetcher's DMA(24,-14). Stockfetcher, I aspire we can resolve this DMA confusion if you can explain what is referenced in the screenshot, I hope this makes absolute sense.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #143587
5/16/2018 2:30:50 PM

Thank you for the details! In your example the final 14 bars on StockFetcher are calculated precisely as described in our prior response and email.

As with any negatively displaced moving average, the final "period" bars will not be the specified displaced average. Our solution chooses to fill the values as detailed; however, regardless of the solution the final "period" bars will either be invalid (i.e. blank) or calculated differently from the specified average. Of course if we had future data we could solve that! :-)

Hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!
Tom

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Can someone please clarify to me why the DMA is so significant?<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.