StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Can view MACD Histogram only (no curves) on charts?<< >>Post Follow-up
davez
8 posts
msg #32927
Ignore davez
8/22/2004 7:43:16 PM

Can I view a MACD Histogram in a chart without the MACD curves also appearing?

When I see both together, the curves most often fill the MACD window and set the MACD window scale, leaving the Histogram as tiny blips, maybe filling 1/4 the height of the MACD window. Without the curves showing, I'm hoping the histogram would span the complete height of the MACD window so it would be much easier to see.

If both the curves and the histogram could be plotted together with independent scales, so they both filled the window, that would be even better.

I've tried inputting a 'draw MACD Histogram' command in chart settings, and in my filters, but always the curves appear. Can the histogram alone be viewed?

Thanks
davez

yepher
359 posts
msg #32928
Ignore yepher
8/22/2004 8:48:33 PM

Here is one way to achieve what you want:

Fetcher[
set{myHist, MACD Histogram(12,26)}

price above 1.00
AND draw MACD(12,26)
AND draw myHist
]

davez
8 posts
msg #32929
Ignore davez
8/22/2004 9:52:21 PM

Hi Yepher,

Thanks. I added that into a filter, and sure enough, it gave me a histogram curve. Is a formula like that enter-able into chart settings as an indicator? I tried with no luck (but could add it to my global filter so it would appear most times).

I can add a zero line to make the histogram curve crosses above/below zero easier to see. But if possible to change the 'histogram' curve into actual histogram bars, that would be even better. Is that possible?

Thanks again
davez

yepher
359 posts
msg #32930
Ignore yepher
8/22/2004 11:00:08 PM

I believe the way to add a user variable to "chart settings" is to add it to your variable list and then add that to your chart settings.

Sorry, I am not aware of a stock fetcher syntax to make your variable a histogram. Here is a link that I believe is exactly what you want:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/advchart?isflash=2&sym=EBAY&sid=7166&eid=7426&charttype=3candle&cp=&&P2I1C=2&P2I1T=19&P2I1=^UE9TVEZJWD9OQU1FPW15aGlzdCZJTkQ9XlRVRkRSRDlFU1VaR1BURW1SVTFCTVQweE1pWkZUVUV5UFRJMg&P3I2C=&P3I2T=19&P3I2=^TUFDRD9FTUExPTEyJkVNQTI9MjYmRElGRj0xJkFWR1BFUklPRD05JlZPTFdUPTA&P3I3C=2&P3I3T=3&P3I3=^TUFDRD9FTUExPTEyJkVNQTI9MjYmQVZHPTEmQVZHUEVSSU9EPTkmVk9MV1Q9MA&P3I4C=2&P3I4T=3&P3I4=^TUFDRD9FTUExPTEyJkVNQTI9MjYmVk9MV1Q9MA&P1I0C=0&P1I0T=0&P1I0=VOLUME&w=520&h=515&ph=275&flash=1

You can graph any symbol by changing EBAY to whatever it is you want to view.

davez
8 posts
msg #32937
Ignore davez
8/23/2004 1:33:30 PM

Hi Yepher,
The myhist view in your link is exactly what I'm after. I replaced ebay with mxim in that link and that worked also.

You said "I believe the way to add a user variable to "chart settings" is to add it to your variable list and then add that to your chart settings." ok, I'll try to do that, but that will only get me the histogram curve?

By your next sentence, did you mean that getting the histogram bars in SF is not possible (even though you did it in your link)? I'm confused.
Regards
davez

yepher
359 posts
msg #32938
Ignore yepher
8/23/2004 2:27:08 PM

davez,

Sorry for the confsion.

If you add myHist to your variable list you should only get the curve and not the historgram type graph.

Obviously it is possible to get the Histogram graph. What I meant to say is I am not aware of StockFetcher syntax that will draw such a graph.

The link is a work around to produce the graph without using StockFetcher syntax.

I hope this clears things up.

davez
8 posts
msg #32974
Ignore davez
8/24/2004 10:29:59 PM

Hi Yepher,

It was interesting that you were able to create your own chart. As substituting many other tickers into your link would be take too much time, I'll stick with using your histogram curve with a zero line. That's still a big improvement in viewing the histogram. Thanks again

Cheers
davez

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Can view MACD Histogram only (no curves) on charts?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.