StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Careful Kids All These Filters Are A Joke<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
mesayah
658 posts
msg #86763
Ignore mesayah
modified
1/21/2010 8:20:05 PM

Crockpot is a crock of ----. It makes a great short filter.The reason you are told to only play on friday is because most mondays are up! And look at what happens to stocks over $5, great shorts. Look at what happens to stocks on down mondays, DOWN. And the drop after monday is fabulous.

All of them, the best short in the world is the REVISED DEADLY COMBO by TRO Filter. I made $4400 in 2 days shorting this gem. Go do an offset and see how rich this little anomaly will make you.

Always do your research.

bankwalker
30 posts
msg #86764
Ignore bankwalker
1/21/2010 9:57:57 PM

On Monday I followed (not real money) the top 20 shorts and longs from the 2 crockpot filters. By the end of the day all but 1 long closed profitably. All but 3 shorts did the same. I haven't bothered to check those few. I will tomorrow EOD.

In summary, both shorts and longs performed superbly on an up day.

mesayah
658 posts
msg #86767
Ignore mesayah
1/21/2010 10:13:33 PM

I agree the perform well on an up day.but every monday has been an up day. Go way back to a down monday and your down a slippery slope.

We need posts with filters that either perform in any environment or keep you on the right side.

bankwalker
30 posts
msg #86777
Ignore bankwalker
1/22/2010 9:08:43 AM

Go back and read my post. There are 2 crockpot filters, 1 long and 1 short. They BOTH performed on an up day,

If I decide to trade some version of this, I will probably balance an equal number of shorts and longs and implement a stop loss, The jury is still out as we haven't seen a big down Monday in a while. I certainly wouldn't call them a 'joke', however, as you did.

GL

mesayah
658 posts
msg #86778
Ignore mesayah
1/22/2010 9:26:20 AM

Well, most stocks go up on up days. I would stick with the shorts after the pop with the higher priced stocks.
I have noticed on up days a better than average pop with the cheaper stocks. But i tested on down mondays, and not very good at all. Kind of defeats the purpose if there is no synergy in up and down markets.

mesayah
658 posts
msg #86804
Ignore mesayah
modified
1/22/2010 2:24:16 PM

Look @ TSTC today. Made me 450 shorting it. Also shorting MED.

I run this all week and i like.

gmg733
788 posts
msg #86807
Ignore gmg733
1/22/2010 2:51:43 PM

Do you even know what you are talking about?

LOL

mesayah
658 posts
msg #86809
Ignore mesayah
1/22/2010 3:02:21 PM

No. Just made $1700 shorting TSTC and MED DEER I'm really dumb...

mesayah
658 posts
msg #86849
Ignore mesayah
1/22/2010 7:23:18 PM

That was my point Bankwalker. The shorts seem to perform in both environments.

wcurtis
54 posts
msg #86856
Ignore wcurtis
modified
1/22/2010 9:40:32 PM

No. Just made $1700 shorting TSTC and MED DEER I'm really dumb...

Not interested in your boasted claims, however I would like to see your version of an improved " Crockpot " filter.

And by the way, I don't think you are really dumb - yet.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Careful Kids All These Filters Are A Joke<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.