StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · CenterPointStrength<< >>Post Follow-up
mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #97276
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
11/1/2010 1:01:22 PM

Trying to get this filter to produce stocks from a calculation of the center point of the true range and compare it to the center point of the real body and compares that to the close.

Here is the filter I produced:

set{true_range(High + Low /2)}
set{real_body(Open + Close /2)}
Show stocks where true_range < real_body
and real_body < close

My problem is it returns no (zero) stocks,

Can someone point out what I have done wrong?

Thanks Michael

miko
68 posts
msg #97282
Ignore miko
11/1/2010 3:37:05 PM

Fetcher[set {_range, High + Low}
set {true_range, _range/2}
set {_body, Open + Close}
set {real_body, _body /2}
Show stocks where true_range < real_body
and real_body < close
]

You tried to do 2 calculations in the set statements, afaik only 1 is permitted (I assume you meant (H+L)/2, what you wrote was H plus one half of the Low). Also, you omitted the comma needed to separate the 2 parts of the set bracket.

mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #97283
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
11/1/2010 6:49:07 PM

Hello Miko:

What an education, thanks for your assistance. Michael

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · CenterPointStrength<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.