StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Challenge<< 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28 >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53843
Ignore nikoschopen
8/5/2007 1:30:09 AM

The angst of Cramer finally spills out on Bernanke: Blow me!

msummer2007
129 posts
msg #53844
Ignore msummer2007
8/5/2007 3:14:39 AM

Excellent video. From what I gather there is much more downside to this market.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #53845
Ignore karennma
8/5/2007 10:46:27 AM

Most big-time Wall Street traders are in the Hamptons till the end of August ... and nuthin's going up till they come back.

:>)

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #53846
Ignore karennma
8/5/2007 11:11:36 AM

OR ...
if we go into a recession, nuthin's going up .. period!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53849
Ignore nikoschopen
8/5/2007 2:36:09 PM

Some people are better off with their heads in the sand until this whole debacle is over, whatever that may be. Come to think of it, those who rode out the 2000-02 recession with their heads up their ass got their money back, and some more. Remember? ;)

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53852
Ignore nikoschopen
8/5/2007 4:34:49 PM

Even if the Federal Reserve rubs elbows with the investing public, isn't it just plain silly, if not downright insane, to think that the Bernanke & Co. would lower the interest rate just to bail out the drowning investors in general, and Cramer and his born-again dumb-money followers in particular? Pah-leeze!!! (to borrow Alfie's indignant quip)

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53856
Ignore nikoschopen
8/5/2007 6:05:42 PM

Okay, this is a little nutty, but as they say sky's the limit when it comes to creativity. So how about a Google Talk within StockFetcher forum? Sounds neat, sounds awful, or perhaps who the hell cares? LOL

This is to serve those who want to engage in instant messaging throughout the trading day rather than to exchange conversation via individual post. I dunno how effective this will be since I never really used it myself but, nevertheless, I hope you will find it useful.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53865
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
8/5/2007 10:44:58 PM

I think this one is better than Google Talk since it doesn't require you to register. What do you think?
In hindsight, even the casual lurkers of Stockfetcher.com could now join in the action. Is that cool, or isn't that cool?

msummer2007
129 posts
msg #53869
Ignore msummer2007
8/6/2007 2:20:45 AM

Cramer does have a point and in this instance he is right. The perception of this situation is grave and it is serious without Bear Sterns adding their negative comments such as, " that it was the worst they have seen in 22 years and that they would not buy back their stock " that just adds fuel to the fire which they did late friday. If a prestigious firm like Bear Sterns is saying those things then it must be so. The credit and the liquidity has been keeping this market pumping. Any tightening of this will cause the downturn that we are experiencing. So listen closely for comments that affect the liquidity or the tightening of money. My suspicious nature tells me, that even this is being engineered at this time, to corral the market which has gotten way ahead of itself. The fundamentals have not changed. The amount of subprime loans and loans that are going bad is still a small percentage of the entire mortgage market. The fed has it right and they make moves to lessen the blow. But in my mind, this situation has been brewing for sometime, and now it is being played out to cool the stock market. We all know that inflation is at a higher rate than what is being reported, (ie) fraudulent reports. As bad as inflation is in the long run, it is curing a vital problem in the short run. It allows debt to be paid back with cheaper dollars. Where do I think this will all go...... I think that eventually we will see a serious downturn, I don't think we are there yet. Like I said the fundamentals don't appear to be changed.

As for the uptick rule being eliminated. I cannot think of a logical reason why this would change, except to make it easier to get out of positions. It certainly may have contributed to the recent sell off, but realistically the big operators can get around the uptick rule very easy by just throwing token shares to cover the uptick.

Nevertheless, this present day market has the eerie feel of 1987. If I am correct, there will be another fairly dynamic rally until October, at which time if you follow a hunch, you may want to be in cash. If a rally does not ensue very shortly then we may already be revisiting 1987.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #53870
Ignore karennma
8/6/2007 8:07:30 AM

Thanks!!
That is so kewl!!

nikoschopen
8/5/2007 7:44:58 PM
I think this one is better than Google Talk since it doesn't require you to register. What do you think?
In hindsight, even the casual lurkers of Stockfetcher.com could now join in the action. Is that cool, or isn't that cool?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Challenge<< 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.