StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Challenge<< 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 >>Post Follow-up
msummer2007
129 posts
msg #54401
Ignore msummer2007
8/27/2007 4:10:31 PM

Like I keep saying, nobody feels comfortable leaving a trade on. This market is climbing a wall of worry. Traders are waiting for the inevitable slam, and nobody wants to be caught with their pants down this time around. The volume was very lite, and it didn't take much volume to bring this market down at the end. I might be cynical, if you go short, they will make it rise, and go long and they will crucify you. Your in a lose lose situation. Plus, add the bulls!!t CNBC espouses, with all their so called pundits, and sector professionals and you get mass confusion. I strictly trade from the price, but it is difficult to not let these Jamokes influence your thinking.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54403
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
8/27/2007 4:23:08 PM

Actually, the ES traded in a very predictable channel throughout much of the day. Of course, this is one of the perennial favorites played out by the market makers, even though no market maker per se exists for this market. I hope they all get mauled down in the coming days. BTW, did I say CNBC is a big joke? :)

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #54404
Ignore luc1grunt
8/27/2007 8:38:37 PM

I understood this as 245,000 puts on the eurostoxx50 as opposed to the S&P?

I don't usually look at the puts/calls for the major markets....where do you find the outstanding contracts?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54405
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
8/27/2007 9:02:18 PM

If you break down the StochRSI(14,3), you would essentially get the following:

code

StochRSI(14,3) =
(Today's RSI(14) - lowest RSI(14) over the last 3 days)
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
(highest RSI(14) over the last 3 days - lowest RSI(14) over the last 3 days)

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54406
Ignore nikoschopen
8/27/2007 9:19:42 PM

I don't usually look at the puts/calls for the major markets....where do you find the outstanding contracts?

Your broker and/or data vendor should provide option chains for free, but here are two notable sites on the subject of options:

Schaeffers Research
Optionetics

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54413
Ignore nikoschopen
8/28/2007 11:38:31 AM

On the verge of being axed

S&P offered a bleak assessment of the housing sector saying, "Our rating bias for the U.S. home building sector remains decidedly negative". Of the 26 companies it rates 15 are "either on review for a downgrade or have negative outlooks, meaning the rating could be downgraded over the next six months to two years." (Reuters)

Isn't it funny that the market sold off sharply within the last few minutes before the close yesterday only to get clobbered today. Just what did the big boys know? Hmmm. If you remember two weeks ago when we made the new low, the market reversed instantly and spiked up, practically reclaiming all its losses for that day. Did they know the Fed would decisively lower the discount rate? Hmmm. Even after all these years, I'm still in awe when I see these thinly veiled sham. Whoever said that "insider trading" is (or was) a dirty practice needs a new definition.

msummer2007
129 posts
msg #54415
Ignore msummer2007
8/28/2007 12:11:35 PM

It is amazing how the big boy's always time the market to perfection. I never doubted for an instant this market is corrupt. The big boys got caught with their pants down a couple of weeks ago, and pleaded for the Fed's to bail them out and ease their plight. What a sham!!!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54416
Ignore nikoschopen
8/28/2007 12:28:57 PM

S&P is struggling to make a U-turn. Can it hold?

The next intermediate low: 1440
The next next intermediate low: 1430

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54420
Ignore nikoschopen
8/28/2007 4:02:59 PM

======= DOW JONES NEWSWIRES ANALYSIS AND COMMENTARIES =======

Countrywide Deal A Bargain, Not A Bailout
Bank of America receive wide acclaim from bailing out Countrywide Financial and bolstering sagging credit markets, but David Weidner says the bank shrewd opportunist than patriotic investor.

That sounds about right to me, don't you agree?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54444
Ignore nikoschopen
8/29/2007 3:42:55 PM

Even though it was an exciting day to trade with the bulls, I have no frigging idea about this market anymore. The market regained everything it lost yesterday, and I'm suppose to believe this is the result of mere "bargain hunting"? Something does not feel right and I can definitely use a cold shower.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Challenge<< 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.