StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Challenge<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28 >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53472
Ignore nikoschopen
7/25/2007 2:00:19 PM

Thanks in part to Bernanke & Thugs, perhaps? LOL

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53474
Ignore nikoschopen
7/25/2007 2:09:23 PM

Traders aren't going to buy their pitch so easily this time around. Come to think of it, Fed is no different from any other lagging indicator.

msummer2007
129 posts
msg #53475
Ignore msummer2007
7/25/2007 2:16:39 PM

It's hilarious and telling, how a considerable amount of Stockfetcher posters in reference to financial media personalities,CNBC in particular, have tremendous disdain for them(myself included). They are puppets on a stage, or rather hired guns for the MM to use at their disposal.Call me cynical, but I believe most of what they say is orchestrated, and timed to perfection. Any thoughts?

mrbobolina
19 posts
msg #53479
Ignore mrbobolina
7/25/2007 3:52:56 PM

Although precicely timing the market is impossible, I keep "buying puts" in my back pocket. If you're into options, that's like shorting the stock, for those of you who don't know. For what it's worth...

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53480
Ignore nikoschopen
7/25/2007 4:00:40 PM

So much for my third-rated "swarmi" insights. Call me a postmodern misfit―twice removed.

Be that as it may, I'm not too sure about this little pep-rally staged by the matrons of "bulls rule". It looks highly suspect, but what do I know.

As for the Beige book and its openly disdained authors, ure guess is as good as mine as to who they rub their elbows with, but what you say is prolly more true than otherwise. Well stated.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53483
Ignore nikoschopen
7/25/2007 4:39:09 PM

Speaking of rubbing elbows, check this one out. It's one of the soundbites from the bond market update courtesy of Briefing.com:

[14:54 ET] Subprime Culpability?: Bloomberg's Jonathan Weil writes on the FASB's hand in current subprime issues. He references the 98 subprime blow-up & "'gain-on-sale' accounting - - the financial world's equivalent of crack cocaine...gain-on-sale calculations are based on lots of estimates and guesswork." This time around the FASB "who write...accounting standards say they want to redo the rules" & wanted to before "the current debacle." Whatever. By the rules "lenders that sell blocks of loans to certain types of off-balance-sheet trusts are allowed to take the loans off their books and record immediate profits," these trusts are called "qualifying special purpose entities." Under a new patch-fix these special purposes "transactions would be treated as secured borrowings, and the assets would stay on the lender's balance sheet..." By name alone its safe to assume the FASB is not a nimble & speedy shop. With an est $900B subprime adjustable-rate mortgages to be reset at higher rates by Q4 08 (according to BofA) the clock is only beginning to tick.

Sounds a little too egregious for my otherwise coarse palatte: a bunch of MOFO loving @#$^%$!!!!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53502
Ignore nikoschopen
7/26/2007 10:02:10 AM

It's time to play Tom Jones' "Stoned in Love" again. BTW, who's that chick in the video? Damn, is she hot!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53504
Ignore nikoschopen
7/26/2007 11:11:11 AM

She's hot alright!
♪♫♪♫ I'm stoned in love...but not with you ♪♫♪♫

At the going rate, I might just catch up to Mary's millionaire status. LOL

msummer2007
129 posts
msg #53505
Ignore msummer2007
7/26/2007 11:19:06 AM

This is the capitulation I was waiting for. It is getting very ugly, there will be some good buys at the end of today. I wonder if anyone was lucky enough to have bought the calls in BIDU before the close yesterday. Good Luck

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #53506
Ignore nikoschopen
7/26/2007 11:32:30 AM

The Dow finally hits its SMA(50), and it's high time to take the money off the table. If my prediction from yesterday means anything (blush}, I would think we've just hit the bottom or are very near the bottom of the day.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Challenge<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.