StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Close x Months Ago<< >>Post Follow-up
MarkS
10 posts
msg #103525
Ignore MarkS
11/29/2011 10:39:59 PM

I am new to Stock Fetcher and have been able to work my way through a few things by looking at others examples. Thanks to all for that.

I was trying to use the Close x Months Ago to make some comparisons with Kevin's Technical Asset Allocation from his new site. I was trying to duplicate his numbers to verify that I was doing it correctly, but kept getting different results.

The problem I seem to be having is that using Close (3,6,9 or 12) Months Ago seems to produce results in increments of 100 days. Should Close 3 Months Ago give the close from 3 months prior to today, 3 months prior to the the end of this month, or something else?

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #103528
Ignore Eman93
11/30/2011 12:40:07 AM

Your best bet is to use the backtest, you can click on trades and and see what is going on.

SF dose not extract a date, except in the backtest.

SF only has price information back 100 days.. but high and lows can go back 2 years I think..

MarkS
10 posts
msg #103533
Ignore MarkS
11/30/2011 2:34:28 AM

Maybe I wasn't clear. Using Close (3,6,9 or 12) Months Ago did give me data. But, when cross-checking the results, it was actually from increments of 100 days. In order to compare results from other sources, I need to know that the data is reliable. Asking for a Close from 3 months ago and being given results from ABOUT 3 months ago is almost useless. I guess it is OK when using it within Stock Fetcher Filters and Backtesting, but there is no way to compare the results from other programs.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Close x Months Ago<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.