StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Commission cost<< >>Post Follow-up
JohnyYuma
60 posts
msg #35814
Ignore JohnyYuma
4/30/2005 12:01:33 PM

Folks

I have found Interactive Brokers to be the cheapest when trading small lots
(.01 per share upto 500 shares, .005 over that, $1 minimum, $1 option trades)
and
Freetrade by Ameritrade to be the cheapest if trading large lots
(first 20 trades free, then $ 3 per tade (upto 200 trades per month), $ 2 per trade thereafter for next 200 trades, I believe, and then $ 1 for all trades - irrespective of number of shares

Appreciate if anyone else trades cheaper and can let me know

Thanks in advance

marine2
963 posts
msg #35822
Ignore marine2
4/30/2005 9:56:01 PM

The two places I trade with are both higher. Thanks for the info.

glider
59 posts
msg #35864
Ignore glider
5/2/2005 10:18:53 PM

Sorry to have to tell you that Freetrade is history as of last Friday April 29. It is now known as Ameritrade Izone. Here's a blurb from their website:

"Designed exclusively for self-sufficient investors who prefer managing their accounts online. With Ameritrade Izone you'll pay just $5 for Internet equity trades, including stop and limit orders. Plus, there's no share limits, no order handling fees and no maintenance fees."

leaddog
38 posts
msg #35867
Ignore leaddog
5/3/2005 9:47:48 AM

I am using MB Trading and not total happy with the platform they provide. I am considering cybertrader.com, they are very inexpensive and provide a better trading platform.

scvidar
87 posts
msg #35878
Ignore scvidar
5/3/2005 5:51:36 PM

I think you will be extremely pleased with Cybertrader. I used them for a couple of years and as far as I am concerned, there is NONE better for day trading & speed of execution. They were the pioneers for all these other brokerage houses offerring smart routing and very fast execution. I used their CyberX platform and was extemely pleased with it & Cybertrader platform is even better.

Karl

JohnyYuma
60 posts
msg #38990
Ignore JohnyYuma
11/20/2005 10:44:39 PM

FYI

Interactive Brokers has reduced their commissions, even further

Also, they are the only broker I know that do not charge any additional option exercide/assignment fee (both Tradestation and Cyber trader charge $15 to $ 25)

Thanks

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #38996
Ignore EWZuber
11/21/2005 3:11:17 AM

IB is also offering free real time charts now and they are not bad. Upgrading them all the time. I typically keep about a dozen hourly charts up and a couple 5 minute charts. Indicators and hand drawn trend lines are held over from session to session. Something I didn't get with paid services.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Commission cost<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.