StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Computer question<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
glgene
613 posts
msg #99446
Ignore glgene
3/1/2011 8:48:07 PM

To Kevin: I was being a bit facetious when I made the remark about market timing. I think you know that. That said, thanks again for your link. I follow your posts, as you know, and we have dialogued before here. You are one smart cookie! And a great teacher!

To Rick 67: I'll go you one better. With a laptop AND a 23" monitor linked, you could look at 3 screens at once (incl. 2 on the 23", fairly comfortably). I would have to buy a green visor, too. Got to look like I know what I'm doing!! .

Gene

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #99448
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
3/1/2011 9:52:42 PM

Actually thought you were serious, which surprised me enough to post that response! I had not really looked at the RSI(2) thread in quite a while - during the time I recorded those trades (and I did this for my father-in-law) I was crushing the market.

Might want to look at that thread again ... just in case.

glgene
613 posts
msg #99449
Ignore glgene
3/1/2011 11:12:50 PM

Kevin >>> I know RSI(2) has had a lot of mention on the SF msg. boards, but quite frankly I haven't really explored it. TRO champions RSI(2) and it must be good, or he wouldn't have developed it. On first blush, RSI(2) sounds like a very quick moving signal and because of that (if it's true), I didn't explore it.

But now with your remark, and link, i shall look into it. Maybe I have missed a gold mine!

By the way, do you mind saying how much horsepower your computer has? If you were buying new today (as I will be), how much horsepower would you buy? Also, screen size?

Thanks!

Gene

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #99454
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
3/2/2011 6:50:33 AM

CPU: Intel quad core Q6300
4 Gb RAM
23 inch 1080p screen (for gaming)

Big box, not laptop - I'm old school. My system is several years old, but does the trick without skipping a beat. And I am often running StrataSearch AND a PC game in the background as well.

Mactheriverrat
3,132 posts
msg #99460
Ignore Mactheriverrat
3/2/2011 10:54:44 PM

I will stick with my Macbook!

My 5th Mac computer since 1984-

glgene
613 posts
msg #99514
Ignore glgene
3/6/2011 8:45:37 AM

Found this "CPU benchmarks" measuring comparison:

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=Intel+Core2+Quad+Q6600+%40+2.40GHz

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Computer question<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.