StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Consolidations and highest high<< >>Post Follow-up
ilovepennytrades
1 posts
msg #145685
Ignore ilovepennytrades
12/23/2018 10:55:14 PM

Im trying to filter for stocks in consolidation during an uptrend. I feel like I have the uptrend filter workjng, but the consolidation based on highest price is where im struggling.

Admittedly im not the best when it comes to programming logic, I played with Boolean greater than and days since but i cant seem to get it right.

Basicaly what im tryjng to do is find stocks where the highest high was more than or equal to 30 days ago.

Can somome provide some examples?

four
5,087 posts
msg #145701
Ignore four
modified
12/24/2018 1:55:06 PM

perhaps - 2 examples
the highest 31 day high is greater than the highest 30 day high

xarlor
562 posts
msg #145824
Ignore xarlor
modified
1/2/2019 10:55:33 AM

Can you elaborate more on what you're requesting? The way I understood it is:

Highest high within the last 29 days is greater than or equal to the high exactly 30 days ago.

If that's what you want, this should do it:

Fetcher[
set{29dh,high 29 day high}
set{30h,high 30 days ago}
add column 29dh
add column 30h
29dh >= 30h
]

Or did you mean:

Highest high within the last 30 days is greater than or equal to the highest high between 30 and 60 days ago?

If the above, try this one:

Fetcher[
set{29dh,high 29 day high}
set{3060h,high 30 day high 30 days ago}
add column 29dh
add column 3060h
29dh >= 3060h
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Consolidations and highest high<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.