StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Custom Watch List Columns?<< >>Post Follow-up
taylorsk
106 posts
msg #86482
Ignore taylorsk
1/18/2010 10:09:18 AM

HI there,

I have a watchlist question.
I have created a custom colum in a filter called "alert".
I set up alerts when this price is hit and then look for a bounce off that price.

I have a custom colum in my filter called "Alert".
I currently download that data to exel.

I have been working with watch lists though and I read that there may be a way to create a custom colum in the watch list view. in the column section help it states

"Finally, If you don't like the column header for a particular measure, you can set your own column header using the { and } symbols. For example:

add column RSI(14) {myrsi} "

Is there any way to have the custom colums from the filter appear in the watchlist? or is there any way to get this data into the watchlist?

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #86486
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/18/2010 10:58:47 AM

Depends on what the code for your alert is. Please post and we'll see if it can be done (probably can).

15minoffame
131 posts
msg #86493
Ignore 15minoffame
1/18/2010 12:42:52 PM

taylorsk
Yes you can! As long as you can see your filter in the filter section, then all you have to do is copy & paste your filter into any watchlist column. I do that all the time with my watchlists.

HTH

15minoffame

taylorsk
106 posts
msg #86495
Ignore taylorsk
1/18/2010 1:04:43 PM

Here is the filter I am running:

It is used to find stocks that have gapped up 8 - 30%.

The ALERT is set at 1% above the high on the day prior to the gap. I set up alerts in my other charting program, but would like this alert to also show in the watchlist I create of stocks that have gapped.

Is thre a way to set an "ALERT" column in the watchlist?

SET{A1, HIGH 1 DAY AGO}
SET{A2, OPEN}
SET{A3, OPEN / A1}
SET{A, COUNT(A3 ABOVE 1.08,1)}
SET{B, COUNT(A3 BELOW 1.3,1)}
SET{X, A + B}
SET{ALERT, A1*1.01}
SHOW STOCKS WHERE X EQUALS 2
SHOW STOCKS WHERE ALERT IS GREATER THAN 5

add column A1
add column ALERT
sort by column 3 descending

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Custom Watch List Columns?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.