StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · DETECTIVE WORK III<< >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39551
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/15/2005 12:00:40 AM

WE HAVE OUR WORK CUT OUT... HAVE TO FIND 7 STOCKS....

Wednesday, December 14, 2005
From the Publisher: Brian Hicks

Dear reader:

In yesterday's Wealth Daily, Mike Schaefer told you that he thought energy prices were about to take "another leg up" in the bull market.

Natural gas, the energy that heats 57% of American households, traded to an all-time record high yesterday. Prices reached $15.78 per mcf. To give you an idea of how far natural gas prices have risen, a year-and-a-half ago, prices were $4.75 per mcf.

Three-and-a-half years ago? $1.85 per mcf.

Mike's been calling for natural gas to reach between $20 and $25 per mcf within the next 24 months. He might revise that upward.

The scary part about this is that we're only in the middle of December. We haven't hit the 3 coldest months of the year, January thru March.

The government has warned the public about rising energy prices. And even utility companies are sounding the alarm, preparing customers for the potential of "blackouts" during the winter months.

I'm sorry to say that there's no magical answer to this problem. We can't reach into the ground, pull out 100 billion barrels of oil, and fix the problem.

But the cavalry is assembling.

As you know, I'm more of a high-tech guy, more futurist like Ray Kurzweil rather than gold bug like Bill Bonner.

Back in the 1990s, I made my reputation by speculating in biotech stocks like Aviron, Gene Logic and Connectics. I also played the high-tech sector, playing stocks like Optimal Robotics, CheckFree Holdings, and Micros.

I'm here to tell you that the high-tech sector, specifically nanotechnology, will eventually solve our energy problems. In fact, scientists around the US are already frantically working on it in an initiative that's being called "the Manhattan Project of the 21st Century."

Companies involved in this project will be covered in a new investment service I'll be launching with my young guns Luke Burgess and Sam Hopkins. The service will be called Next Century Stocks.

However, it'll take time to develop. Maybe a full decade or more.

In the meantime, the world will continue to consume fossil fuels like oil, natural gas, and coal. And that means that stocks involved in the production and exploration of these resources are going to skyrocket in value.

Now, yesterday, Mike said that he believed the energy sector was in the beginning phases of a merger and acquisition mania. Here's what the WSJ had to say:
"ConocoPhilliops's $35.6 billion cash and stock deal to acquire Burlington Resources Inc. could jumpstart a wave of consolidation as cash-rich energy companies snap up smaller natural-gas producers, according to energy analysts and investors. Driving this expected clutch of M&A deals is the tight market for gas in North America. Natural gas is used to heat a majority of U.S. homes, generating about one-fifth of U.S. electricity. U.S. domestic production has stalled, even as the growing economy increased demand."

-The Wall Street Journal
Mike recently published a report called Shock Proof: The Seven Sisters of Natural Gas. He recommended these stocks back in September. Since then, these stocks are up over 14% as a group. And with the brunt of the winter months staring at us, these stocks are bound to go up even more.

But here's the kicker. All of these stocks are small cap companies. In other words, each of these stocks trade at capitalization of $1 billion or less. In fact, the average market cap is less than $500 million!

But don't confuse small with speculative. These companies are current producers of natural gas. They have reserves and cash flow. Read: Prime candidates for takeover.

As the publisher of Mike's Pure Energy Report, I want to personally send you a copy of Shock Proof: The Seven Sisters of Natural Gas. I also want to send you Mike's other report, The Next Oil Sands Giant. This report analyzes a $4.50 oil sands company that's sitting on more than $140 BILLION worth of oil.

If you don't have any investment exposure to the Canadian oil sands, you need to get some. In yesterday's The Republic (a Vancouver newspaper), this story ran:

"Grab Alberta's oil while the grabbing's good.
Only Iraq and Alberta show any known potential for greater oil production with more investment."

Mike has 2 oil sands stocks in his Pure Energy portfolio. The one in his report and Connacher Oil and Gas, which has returned his readers 344% since March. Don't let this opportunity pass you up.

Below is Mike's report concerning the natural gas crisis we face. Please take the time to read it. You can then take out a membership to his letter with no risk. You can cancel within the first month for a full refund. In any event, the 2 reports are completely free.

Best regards,

Brian Hicks

P.S. The PE portfolio is up over 41% since its inception last year. And I believe that in 2006 we'll see even higher gains as the raging bull market in energy stock continues. I hope you will join us.

The Seven Sisters of Natural Gas

Natural Gas Stock #1 +43.26%
Natural Gas Stock #2 +5.29%
Natural Gas Stock #3 +21.70%
Natural Gas Stock #4 +18.53%
Natural Gas Stock #5 -5.53%
Natural Gas Stock #6 +4.68%
Natural Gas Stock #7 -18.15%

The bull market in natural gas is picking up steam.

Ever since I released my blockbuster report Shock Proof: The Seven Sisters of Natural Gas, the 7 stocks featured in the report are up over 9% as a group, with the biggest gainer rising over 43%. That was just 2 months ago.

I'm predicting that as a group, the seven will gain 1900% in the coming years. Don't wait another minute. Buy these stocks now before natural gas goes even higher.

Mike Schaefer, Editor
The Pure Energy Report

Hi, Mike Schaefer here.

I've identified and have recently recommended 7 natural gas stocks for immediate purchase. The companies are small, but have experienced massive rallies this year. As a whole, the entire group is up +284% for the year.

But with gas supplies stretched to the max, I believe these stocks - as a group - will gain as much as 1,900% by 2007.

Three of the stocks trade below $5.50, one trades below $3 and the other three trade between $15 and $20. So the upside potential with these 7 is massive.

Now before I tell you anymore about these stocks, which I'm calling the Seven Sisters of Natural Gas, let me explain why you should listen to me.

Hi Mike,

I have been a subscriber for over two years and have done very well making as of now over $400,000 trading in your recommendations.

Thanks,
Jerry

I Predicted the Natural Gas Crisis 8 Years Ago

In 1998, I published a 42-page report called Natural Gas: Invisible Gold. In that report I argued that the world - and the US in particular - was facing a natural gas crisis of historic proportions.

I also argued that the price of natural gas was going to rise to a level that would shock consumers.

Two years after that report was written, an energy crunch hit America, that has since spread to the world like a flu pandemic. Take a look:
Spring 2000: San Diego, California; crisis emerges as natural gas supplies plummet
January 17, 2001 - CA Governor Davis declares a state of emergency. Rolling blackouts in northern and central California.
January 18, 2001 - Rolling blackouts in northern and central California.
March 19, 2001 - Rolling blackouts statewide.
March 20, 2001 - Rolling blackouts statewide.
On August 14, 2003, there was a wide-area power failure in the northeastern USA and central Canada, affecting 50 million people:
On September 2, 2003, a power failure affected 5 states (out of 13) in Malaysia (including the capital Kuala Lumpur) for 5 hours starting at 10 am local time.
On September 23, 2003, a power failure affected 5 million people in Denmark and southern Sweden.
On September 27-28, 2003, a power failure affected all of Italy except Sardinia, cutting service to more than 56 million people.
On December 20, 2003, a power failure hit San Francisco, affecting 120,000 people.
On May 25, 2005, most of Moscow was without power. Approximately ten million people were affected.
On August 18, 2005, almost 100 million people on Java Island, the main island of Indonesia which the capital Jakarta is on, and the isle of Bali, lost power for 7 hours. The 2005 Java-Bali Blackout is the power outage that affects the most number of people in history.
On September 12, 2005, the Los Angeles blackout affected millions in California.
On October 11, 2005, another blackout hits LA.

And as I predicted all those years ago, the price of natural gas has gone through the roof. In fact, ever since the release of my report, natural gas prices have increased 658%, going from $1.85 per mcf to $14 per mcf.

Take a look at a chart of natural gas:

People are speechless about the price of natural gas. And the US government is warning that some consumers could see an increase in their monthly heating bill of 50%... maybe even 75% this winter alone!

But guess what?

The situation is worse than anybody is willing to admit in public. But some, who are looking at the same data I've been analyzing for years, are beginning to sound the alarm.

Media Gets Wind of Natural Gas Crisis
On October 28, Vancouver's main rag, The Globe and Mail, published an article titled The Real Gas Crisis.

It began...

Dear Mike,

This is a no bull**** story - since subscribing to your service I have turned $24,000 into $61,000 in three months.

#1 Oil Sands stock, Conacher and Storm Cat...big gainers!

Best thing I ever did........! Keep the good tips coming. Looking forward to meeting you one day.

Best Regards,
- GM, September 30th

"Forget oil. Natural gas is the true energy crisis." Then continued...

"Production is now on the wane, according to the Canadian Gas Association. Proven (though not potential) gas reserves are in precipitous decline. They peaked at 99 trillion cubic feet in 1984, but fell to 56.6 tcf by the end of last year.

At Canada's current rate of consumption and export (gas exports now exceed domestic consumption by about 40%), that's enough to last about nine years."

And then comes the shocking truth.

"North American demand is expected to increase to 34 tcf a year by 2012 from about 27 tcf in 2003, according to some forecasts. Even with high production, cheap gas, like cheap oil, is gone. Gas prices could fall to $7 or $8 per million BTUs, but they will never go back to $2."

Some people get it. Like I do.

So here's my no B.S. prediction: Over the course of the next 12 to 24 months, I think natural gas is headed to $20 to $25 per mcf.

To give you an idea of what that'll mean to your monthly heating bill, if you were paying $165 a month during the winter months in 2004, you'll now be paying anywhere from $365 to $450 a month.

That bill is going to sting, and sting hard for many homeowners. And I'm sorry that I can't do anything about it except recommend you turn down the thermostat and wear heavy wool sweaters. But I can do the next best thing: I can show you how to profit from investing in surging natural gas prices.

If my prediction is right (that natural gas is going above $20 per mcf soon), small natural gas stocks with current production and significant reserves are going to the moon.

Natural Gas Stocks Going to the Moon

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to tell you that my small investment for a one year subscription to your Pure Energy Report has increased by 40 times.

Basically I have made about $28,000 since July, Keep up the good work.

- John A., September 22nd

We've already made a boatload of money playing stocks exploring and producing unconventional sources of natural gas. I'm talking about coalbed methane (CBM) and companies like Storm Cat Energy (up 1,250% in 2 years), Torrent Energy (+171%) and Canadian Spirit (a gain of +831%).

We'll continue to play CBM stocks, because it's easy money.

But now it's time to play small cap producers of conventional natural gas because the underlying asset - the natural gas itself - is about to become the invisible gold I've been saying it would become.

I've identified 7 natural gas companies you must own right now. Each company has an average market cap of $317 million, giving us an incredible opportunity for explosive upside growth.

But it gets even better.

All seven companies are producing gas right now, and taken together, have a combined market cap of a little more than $2 billion.

And talk about Stock Performance!

Year-to-date, this group of 7 has gained an average of 284%.

Take a look:

Natural Gas Stock #1: +58.7%
Natural Gas Stock #2: +176.1%
Natural Gas Stock #3: +139.1%
Natural Gas Stock #4: +2988.9%
Natural Gas Stock #5: +86.6%
Natural Gas Stock #6: +503.5%
Natural Gas Stock #7: +145.7%

Don't let the big gains scare you away from buying these stocks. The rally in natural gas is just beginning... and I believe it'll last several years.

I've put together an exclusive report called Shock Proof: The Seven Sisters of Natural Gas.

In it, I explain why these 7 stocks, as a group, could gain another 1,900% by the end of 2007!

Don't miss out.

The report is yours FREE when you sign up to my energy investment advisory service, Pure Energy Report.

My Pure Energy Report has been red hot achieving 16 winners out of 20 recommendations. Take a look at our performance compared to the major indices:

Since Dec. '04 (PE inception)
Pure Energy Report
(excluding the 7 Sisters) +35%
Dow: -1%
S&P 500: +2.4%
NASDAQ: +1.8%
Russell 2000: +2.1%

Now that energy is at critical levels, I believe the gains we'll enjoy in Pure Energy will dwarf those in the market.

Don't wait.

So far, November has been warmer than usual. As a result, natural gas usage hasn't been high. It's the main reason the price of natural gas has fallen from its record highs in early October.

This weakness is giving us an excellent opportunity to buy natural gas stocks at lower levels before the winter months kick-in. And trust me, one cold spell could easily push the US over the energy edge.

I've instructed my publisher to immediately send you my free report Shock Proof: The Seven Sisters of Natural Gas. All of you have to do is sign-up using my quarterly bill program to get your free copy.

The quarterly bill program costs $123.75, and you can cancel anytime if you're not happy with my recommendations.

But I know that won't happen because you're going to make a fortune.

Energy is the future of the market, my friend. Embrace it... and make some money.

Subscribe Now!

Sincerely,

Michael Schaefer

P.S. You know, much of the gains I've achieved in Pure Energy this year can be attributed to a handful of big winners. One in particular is my #1 Oil Sands Stock, which has gained more than 100% since my recommendation in March.

As an added bonus, if you subscribe for a full year to the Pure Energy Report, I'll send you my blockbuster report, The New Oil Sands GIANT, recommending the tiny $4.50 oil stock sitting on nearly $145 billion worth of oil!

It'll be yours free, along with Shock Proof: The Seven Sisters of Natural Gas, when you sign up for a full-year's membership.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39552
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/15/2005 12:05:10 AM

Fetcher[
/* WARM FILTER - OIL AND GAS */

/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE momentum(12) */

set{moval, INDPOSITION(momentum(12), 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE rsi(2) */

set{rsval, RSI(2) }

/* NORMALIZE williams %r(10) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(10), 60) * 100 }

/* CALCULATE 10/60/200 day trend */
set{T10, count(10 day slope of the close above 0,1)}
set{T60, count(60 day slope of the close above 0,1)}
set{T200, count(200 day slope of the close above 0,1)}

Set{u1, T200 * 1}
Set{u2, T60 * 10}
Set{u3, T10 * 100}

Set{uu, u1 + u2}
Set{TREND, uu + u3}

/* CALCULATE DAILY AND WEEKLY BOTTOM TAIL SIZE */
set{BTSize, close - low}
set{WBTSize, weekly close - weekly low}
/* CALCULATE DIVERGENCE */
set{nd2,count(close below close 2 days ago,1) * count(rsi(2) above rsi(2) 2 days ago,1)}}

set{nd3,count(close below close 3 days ago,1) * count(rsi(2) above rsi(2) 3 days ago,1)}

set{nd4,count(close below close 4 days ago,1) * count(rsi(2) above rsi(2) 4 days ago,1)}

set{nd5,count(close below close 5 days ago,1) * count(rsi(2) above rsi(2) 5 days ago,1) }

Set{n1, nd5 * 1}
Set{n2, nd4 * 10}
Set{n3, nd3 * 100}
Set{n4, nd2 * 1000}

Set{na, n1 + n2}
Set{nb, n3 + n4}
Set{PD2345, na + nb}

/* POSDIV is the number of times there was a 2, 3, 4 or 5 day positive divergence during the past 10 days */

set{POSDIV, count(PD2345 above 0, 10)}

/* PDDAYS is the number of days since there hasn't been a 2, 3, 4 or 5 day positive divergence */

set{PDDAYS, days(PD2345 EQUAL 0, 100)}

/* R2DLT1 tells you the number of days rsi(2) < 1 during the past 20 days */

set{R2DLT1, days(rsi(2) is below 1,20)}

/* R2DLOW tells you how many days since the 20 day low. But if it is -1, this lets you know that there has been a lower RSI before the current rsi(2) 20 day low within the previous 20 days. At first I thought -1 was a mistake until I checked the chart */

set{R2DLOW, days(rsi(2) EQUAL RSI(2) 20 DAY LOW,20)}

/* PRICE CALCULATIONS */
set{CCb,days(close is above close 1 day ago,100)}
set{CCa,days(close is below close 1 day ago,100)}
set{ClxCl, CCa - CCb}

set{E5b,days(close is above ema(5),100)}
set{E5a,days(close is below ema(5),100)}
set{CxEma5, E5a - E5b}

/* EMA CROSSOVER CALCULATIONS */
set{E1326b,days(ema(13) is above ema(26),100)}
set{E1326b1, count(E1326b above -1 , 1)}
set{E1326b2, E1326b * E1326b1}
set{E1326a,days(ema(13) is below ema(26),100)}
set{E1326A1, count(E1326A above -1 , 1)}
set{E1326A2, E1326A * E1326A1}
set{E13xE26, E1326a2 - E1326b2}

/* VOLUME CALCULATIONS */
set{v, volume 1 day ago}
set{volinc, volume - v}
set{volpc, volinc / v}
set{volpct, volpc * 100}

set{VolZ, days(volume < 1,100)}
set{VolUp, days(volume is below volume 1 day ago,100)}
set{VolDn, days(volume is above volume 1 day ago,100)}
set{VlXvl, VolUp - VolDn}

set{vck1, volume 1 day ago }
set{vck, volume / vck1 }
set{vdbl, days(vck < 2, 100)}

and add column clxcl
and add column CxEma5
and add column E13xE26

and add column VlXvl
and add column Vdbl
and add column volpct

add column trend
add column posdiv
add column pddays
add column R2DLT1

add column RSI(2) 20 DAY LOW
add column R2DLOW

add column wrval
add column adval
add column rsval
add column moval

and add column high 52 week high

add column wbtsize
add column btsize

add column industry

/* WARM SELECTION CRITERIA

wrval below .20
adval below .20
rsval below 20
moval below .20
*/

show stocks where industry is oil-and-gas-operations
sort column 11 descending
]

How many of the 7 are in here?

scvidar
87 posts
msg #39558
Ignore scvidar
12/15/2005 8:51:26 AM

None, because I get the following error message: Your StockFetcher filter exceeds filter performance restrictions. However, keep up the good work!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39592
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/16/2005 8:33:27 AM

You need to sign up for advanced SF!!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39624
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/17/2005 7:09:11 PM

Fetcher[

Industry is Oil-and-Gas-Operations

add column industry
add column sector

sort column 5 descending
]

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39625
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/17/2005 7:24:19 PM

Fetcher[
Industry is Oil-and-Gas-Operations

set{close5, close 11 months ago}
set{diff, close - close5 }
set{x, diff / close5}
set{pct, x * 100}

add column pct

add column industry
add column sector

sort column 5 descending

]

Sifting through the haystack...

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39626
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/17/2005 7:27:48 PM

Was I looking in the wrong place!??!?!

Fetcher[
Industry is Natural-Gas-Utilities

set{close5, close 11 months ago}
set{diff, close - close5 }
set{x, diff / close5}
set{pct, x * 100}

add column pct
add column industry
add column sector

sort column 5 descending
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · DETECTIVE WORK III<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.