StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Day-Trading Is Burning Me Out<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
mesayah
658 posts
msg #85521
Ignore mesayah
1/4/2010 4:22:18 PM

Anyone else? Been trying to add more long term plays. By friday my eyes are killing me and i feel unrested but since i slowed down, just feel better.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #85522
Ignore karennma
1/4/2010 4:54:48 PM

Mesayah:
That's why I DON'T daytrade anymore.
If you read my posts, you'll see, I now stay in trades 3 days or longer before I get out.
I also DON'T trade everyday.
Some days I just "watch".
Daytrading burned me out too.
I won't do it again.
Besides, I make more money swing-trading.
*** STEC *** IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF WHY .. **NOT** TO DAYTRADE ***
I don't "cut losses" anymore either. Don't have to.
I just "swing" .. or sit it out, until I B/E or make a gain. And as long as it's NOT an ETF, I'm okay.
LOL!
I've bee holding BCRX for a month.
I will sell .. either when I B/E or can TAKE PROFITS.
Period!

gmg733
788 posts
msg #85523
Ignore gmg733
1/4/2010 4:55:45 PM

:)

Try swing trading for a while. You won't get the fast money you get with day trading, but you can still make $$$. I can't day trade due to my day job. So I swing trade.

yenaledd
15 posts
msg #85525
Ignore yenaledd
1/4/2010 5:02:07 PM

I realize it's not the filter, but how you trade, but, I would still be interested in your favorite "swing" filters.
Thanks in advance.

gaurav
11 posts
msg #85526
Ignore gaurav
1/4/2010 5:04:47 PM

What kind of swing trading strategies are you guys using? I know there are many strategies and would appreciate some insight for a newbie :)

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #85529
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/4/2010 5:59:57 PM

Frankly, I don't know how you guys can track so many stocks, with the required level of focus all day, and NOT be burned out.

If I were to day trade, I would look closely at TRO's Milk The Cows strategy, and focus on a few stocks that you can successfully fade gaps with.

Ask yourself this: "In the last six months, did I make more money day trading than if I were to have simply plunked it all down on SPY and went on vacation?"

If the answer is NO, you might want to take a break for a while and rework your strategy.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #85530
Ignore karennma
1/4/2010 6:22:15 PM

Another stock I NEVER SHOULD'VE daytraded ... MON.
I posted MON here when it was $68-69.
I tried to trade it, (which I did successfully from "the bottom") but missed the move from $73 to $84.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #85531
Ignore karennma
modified
1/4/2010 6:33:27 PM

I can tell you plenty things that suck about dt'g.
Like put on too many options and FORGET what you have. (QGMMP? WTH*## is that??!!)
OR ...
Put on too many positions, and run out of cash.
Then you have to sit on the sidelines and WAIT for one position to make money or B/E.
Then liquidate it. THEN .... WAIT 3 days for the trade to clear .... so you'll have some cash.
Staggering single trades over 3-4 days, keeps me in check.

dickysofa
63 posts
msg #85535
Ignore dickysofa
1/4/2010 9:24:03 PM

I'm with you guys. Just thinking about day-trading makes my mind go mushy and my eyes glaze over. My brain and body are very suited to swing-trading. This my day job now and I do have a second monitor for my laptop but thats it.

Much happier now, much.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #85537
Ignore Eman93
1/4/2010 9:52:27 PM

Day tradding to me looks so easy but its so hard....swing trading is hard too dont get me wrong... its a skill that takes years to develop but once mastered can chang your life forever. At least thats what I think. My goal is to master Swing and Day trading. I think thats why I like so much. If it was easy everyone would do it.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Day-Trading Is Burning Me Out<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.