StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Did this ever exist? "Appears in watchlist" in results...?<< >>Post Follow-up
fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #150150
Ignore fotchstecker
modified
1/6/2020 2:19:02 PM

I thought this was possible, but I'm not finding an example.

Within general results, is it possible to show (using a column) whether a ticker also appears in a saved watchlist?

Let's say I have a watchlist called "preferred shorts" with AAPL, GOOG, MSFT, and SPY. Can I show a 1 (true) in a column called "in preferred shortlist" to indicate when a filter's results include these tickers?

Thanks to any ideas.

xarlor
561 posts
msg #150153
Ignore xarlor
1/6/2020 4:36:47 PM

You can apply a filter to a watchlist:

https://www.stockfetcher.com/help/Can-I-create-screens-using-only-Symbols-from-my-Watchlist-s/100261

Not sure if that's specifically what you wanted.

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #150156
Ignore fotchstecker
1/6/2020 11:08:53 PM

Thanks, xarlor. No, I've done that plenty. I'm looking for a way to indicate in results if a symbol exists in one or more watchlists.

I think the second outline at this link is most like what I mean, but I haven't tested it yet:

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/How-to-get-multiple-sectors-filter-to-work/149227

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #150166
Ignore nibor100
1/7/2020 12:43:47 PM

@fotchstecker,

There are actually several ways to achieve what I believe you are after.

The simplest is to go to the dropdown that looks like a giant Asterix near the center half of the filter

Choose Quick settings

Then in the box labeled Watchlist Indicatorss choose Show as Columns Table only.

Then Save Changes and it should take effect immediately.

If you want to be sure to see some of your own watchlist hits be sure to run a filter that has a lot of results.

You will also be able to sort the results by those columns that have your watchlist names.

Hope this is what you wanted.
Ed S.

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #150494
Ignore fotchstecker
1/24/2020 9:07:36 AM

Nibor my account was off for a few days and I just re-enabled it. I really appreciate your reply. I'll test these today. Much thanks.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Did this ever exist? "Appears in watchlist" in results...?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.