StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Display price charts as percent move?<< >>Post Follow-up
Norm.Sash
26 posts
msg #98567
Ignore Norm.Sash
1/13/2011 11:05:50 PM

Does anyone know how to display the price charts as a % performance chart instead? I would like to be able to see charts normalized to a % gain/loss graph over the selected period of time. That way I think they would be very easy to compare. For example, over 6 months one stock may show an increase from $100 to $120 ($20 increase) while another might show an increase from $10 to $30 ($20 increase.) But the percent change would be significantly different between them. Basically, I'm looking for a standard performance % chart starting at 0% and showing the +-% line chart over the chart timeframe.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #98570
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/14/2011 7:44:00 AM

Try adding the following line to your filter

add column roc(63,1)

this will give you a column that shows you the percentage change over the last 63 days (use any number you want here).

Kevin

Norm.Sash
26 posts
msg #98598
Ignore Norm.Sash
1/15/2011 11:07:41 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the ROC as you suggested, but it really doesn't give the same thing as a performce % gain/loss.

Basically, what I'm looking for would be the performance graph where a stock is compared against some benchmark. This graph starts out at 0% and then goes +- as a percentage. Any ideas how to do that? I was looking for just a single line on the chart, but I would happily accept a benchmark on the graph.

four
5,087 posts
msg #98601
Ignore four
modified
1/15/2011 11:50:28 PM

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&fid=1006&tid=34495&qrid=
-----------

Show stocks where the daily volume is above Microsoft's:

Fetcher[
show stocks where volume is above ind(MSFT,volume)
add column ind(MSFT,volume)
]

Also...
Nasdaq Composite = ^IXIC

Fetcher[
set{diff,close / ind(^IXIC,close)}
draw diff
compare with ^IXIC
]

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #98603
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/16/2011 9:04:22 AM

Also can try this:

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&fid=1006&tid=33617&qrid=

Comparative Relative Strength

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parameters Comparative Symbol
Period

Usage relative strength(^IXIC,45)

Description The comparative relative strength computes the ratio of the change in price between two stocks. Often this measure is used to compare an input stock with the change in price of an index. On StockFetcher, you can use the comparative relative strength to find stocks that are outperforming or underperforming an index or any other given stock.

Fetcher[

symlist(c,xom,bac,aapl,msft)
add column relative strength(SPY, 63)
draw relative strength(spy,63)
sort on column 5 descending

]

Here you can make relative strength comparisons to any stock or index, and set the look back period as well. Note that this is a ratio of the change in stock X compared to the change in SPY (or whatever benchmark you choose).

Kevin

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Display price charts as percent move?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.