StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Does anyone here trade Inverse ETF\\\'s?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #95362
Ignore marine2
8/4/2010 2:24:09 AM

Do you trade Inverse ETF's? If so, are they traded like any other ETF? And can you get out of them as fast as regular ETF's? I was thinking about trading with DIA (regular Dow Jones) when the market is positive and DOG (the Inverse ETF of the DIA) which goes against the market. Remember, the inverse ETF's are short funds that go opposite of the market.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #95384
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
8/4/2010 2:48:58 PM

Lots of folks here trade both the inverse ETF's and their leveraged counterparts. They are highly liquid, so getting in / out should be very easy. I have traded them both well and poorly in the past, and am now focusing more on stocks rather than ETFs.

marine2
963 posts
msg #95393
Ignore marine2
8/5/2010 2:15:56 AM

Wouldn't it seem you would always win if you played both sides of the trading environment. If one of the inverse ETF's went sour you just play the other then when that sours you go and play its inverse again. Doing that over and over again. Wouldn't that seem right?

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #95418
Ignore Eman93
modified
8/5/2010 7:19:33 PM

Thats it ...... why limit yourself to only half of the game...

I have been trading only TWM and IWM for the past few months.... which is the RUT 2000

Anyone know it there is a 2x RUT bull...... I dont like TNA it seems too manipulated... the bid ask is rigged as hell...

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #95419
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
8/5/2010 7:47:35 PM

UWM and TWM are the 2x ETFs - RWM and IWM are the 1x versions.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #95420
Ignore Eman93
8/5/2010 7:59:59 PM

Thanks Kevin I always forget about UWM....

marine2
963 posts
msg #95431
Ignore marine2
8/6/2010 2:30:37 AM

Since we know these two ETF's work well at the right times could you Kevin or you Eman show a running story in our Filter Exchange on which one is the best one to use at a particular moment in time? Like Kevin is doing now with 2 filter scenarios in our Filter Exchange. I would be interested as well as other Forum members, in seeing when you or both you guys feel its time to play either TWM or UWM.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #95433
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
8/6/2010 8:37:58 AM

Since we know these two ETF's work well at the right times could you Kevin or you Eman show a running story in our Filter Exchange on which one is the best one to use at a particular moment in time? Like Kevin is doing now with 2 filter scenarios in our Filter Exchange. I would be interested as well as other Forum members, in seeing when you or both you guys feel its time to play either TWM or UWM.
+++++++++

Eman and I tend to think about trading on different time frames. He is more of an intra-day trader and I am more of a swing trader.

I would start by saying you do not look at UWM or TWM to determine your trades, but rather look at the underlying index (^RUT, which unfortunately SF does not carry as an index, so I would use IWM).

If you can get the underlying index breadth indicators (new highs - new lows, McClellan Oscillator and Summation Index, volume breadth) that would be my preferred way to determine where it is going for swing trades (up to a month in or out). Absent this, one would use IWM and figure out which indicator works to your specific trading style and time frames.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #95434
Ignore Eman93
8/6/2010 8:39:43 AM

TWM would have been good yesterday and I had a great entry .. watch for a interday pull back today and pick up some stop below yesterdays low... for a swing...

marine2
963 posts
msg #95492
Ignore marine2
8/6/2010 5:02:54 PM

Thank you both for your in depth analysis and techniques you individually use to determine when the best time to buy or short the market. This is why we all love this forum its you guys free advice from your own experience that could mean a nice difference in all our pocket books. Thanks again, and happy investing!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Does anyone here trade Inverse ETF\\\'s?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.