StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Download complete list?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
casnev
2 posts
msg #28668
Ignore casnev
9/18/2003 8:29:20 PM

I ran this:

Show stocks where Average Volume(5) is above 500000
and Average Volume(90) is above 20000
and close is between 1 and 250

Ehich returned 1100+ stocks, when I hit download, the symbol list was only approximatly 200 stocks. I'd like the whole 1100+ stocks into the .csv file. Am I missing a setting to do this?

Thanks,
casnev

xplorer
257 posts
msg #28669
Ignore xplorer
9/18/2003 8:51:22 PM

You can select this download number , from within "My Filters" and then "Settings" ... but I think the most is limited to 1000.

Fare Well !

casnev
2 posts
msg #28670
Ignore casnev
9/18/2003 9:02:02 PM

xplorer,

thanks for the reply...I tried that, and the list I download into the CSV format still is 201 symbols...so I guess I'll have to wait for the daily email....hmmm.

casnev

xplorer
257 posts
msg #28672
Ignore xplorer
9/18/2003 9:32:10 PM

hmmm ... now I see what you mean ...

I tried to do it and got the same results ... 201 stocks. I hoe you find an answer ...you can always send them an e-mail.... ie use the "Feedback!" tab They are great about answering via e-mail.

Good luck !

chessnut1
58 posts
msg #33152
Ignore chessnut1
9/5/2004 9:34:04 PM

Has the original question in this post been answered somewhere? I am finding the same limitation- 201 stocks only are downloaded into Exel when I attempt to download the list of symbols returned by a filter search.

I would like to be able to download the entire list. Can this be done? And if so, how?

--BJ

robdavis
69 posts
msg #33155
Ignore robdavis
9/5/2004 11:52:31 PM

Chessnut1,

> Has the original question in this post been answered somewhere?

I don't think so, but I answered a similar question earlier in another, different, thread.

> I am finding the same limitation- 201 stocks only are downloaded into Exel when I attempt to download the list of symbols returned by a filter search. I would like to be able to download the entire list. Can this be done? And if so, how?

Of course there is always a way! If I had 1100 stocks and if I wanted to download all of them, and if I ran into a limitation of 200, I would download them in six separate steps. Volume would be a good separator. To my already existing filter, I'd add, one by one, six filters similar to the followings:
Fetcher[and volume is between 0 and 251]

Fetcher[and volume is between 251 and 501]

Fetcher[and volume is between 501 and 2501]

Fetcher[and volume is between 2501 and 10001]

Fetcher[and volume is between 10001 and 100001]

Fetcher[and volume is between 100001 and 100000001]

You might want to tweak these "from" and "to" numbers so that A) each of your six lists contains up to 200 stocks per list, and B) every one of your 1100+ stocks are listed in one of your six lists.

I hope this helps.

Rob

chessnut1
58 posts
msg #33168
Ignore chessnut1
9/7/2004 7:12:13 PM

I searched keywords "download" and "limit," but have not been able to find a SF announcement or comment addressing limits to downloading. It appears from trying to download more than 201 that there IS a limit (unless one engages in creative enterprises such as suggested by Rob-- thanks by the way), but I'm wondering if that limit is able to be modified?

Tom, might the limit be increased?

Thanks,

--BJ

chessnut1
58 posts
msg #33271
Ignore chessnut1
9/16/2004 5:01:19 PM

If SF cannot increase the number of stocks that are downloaded, an accommodation would be an improvement:

If the stocks that have been returned from a filter could at least be downloaded in the order that they are arranged on the return page, rather than be automatically converted to an alphabetical order, one could then get one's desired top 201 stocks rather than the stocks in the top part of the alphabet.

Thanks for your consideration of this.

--BJ

cegis
235 posts
msg #33288
Ignore cegis
9/17/2004 9:21:49 AM

I requested that the list be downloaded in the order presented quite a while ago as well, but for different reasons.

SF, any comment?

C

tomb
267 posts
msg #33289
Ignore tomb
9/17/2004 9:27:27 AM

Hi,

Thank you for raising this issue. Unfortunately, we are unable to increase the limit at this time. This is a data and performance issue, and something we are unable to increase at this time. We definitely will post an update if we are able to increase this in the future.

Out of curiosity, if we were able to increase it, what would be a reasonable number of symbols to be returned? This is only so we can present this as an option when we request the increase.

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Download complete list?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.