StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Download symbols<< >>Post Follow-up
jficquette
22 posts
msg #34680
Ignore jficquette
1/2/2005 1:42:23 PM

Hi,

I created a list of symbols that were optional stocks. I had other parameters for price and volume. I get 707 symbols returned but when I download the symbols for insertion in another program I can only get 202 or some odd number. It stops on the same symbol everytime.

Is their a trick to downloading large symbol lists??

Thank you,

John

xplorer
257 posts
msg #34704
Ignore xplorer
1/2/2005 10:55:19 PM

Nope that is a restriction that SF has ....
...go to the home page and search for "download" ...or ?

copied from a previous post:

tomb 9/17/2004 9:27:27 AM

Hi,

Thank you for raising this issue. Unfortunately, we are unable to increase the limit at this time. This is a data and performance issue, and something we are unable to increase at this time. We definitely will post an update if we are able to increase this in the future.

Out of curiosity, if we were able to increase it, what would be a reasonable number of symbols to be returned? This is only so we can present this as an option when we request the increase.

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

jficquette
22 posts
msg #34706
Ignore jficquette
1/2/2005 11:28:28 PM

Hi,

1000 symbols sounds good!

Thank you,

John

jficquette
22 posts
msg #34707
Ignore jficquette
1/2/2005 11:46:13 PM

Hi,

Just a thought. Why not just email symbol lists over your limit size now? You could click on download symbols and it could say list over limit would you like us to email it? etc.

John

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Download symbols<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.