StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Draw VHF(100)<< >>Post Follow-up
decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #117942
Ignore decipherlinda
1/29/2014 12:05:23 PM

Is there any way to have the vertical horizontal filter on a chart?

Thanks!

compound_gains
221 posts
msg #117947
Ignore compound_gains
1/29/2014 4:18:34 PM

Maybe I'm slow, but why wouldn't you just code...

Fetcher[draw vhf(100)]

??

marine2
963 posts
msg #117948
Ignore marine2
1/29/2014 5:30:36 PM

I see no difference if I type and ask for, draw VHF(100) or if I type draw VHF(50) or even if I said, draw VHF(10), they all produce the same vertical and horizontal lines measured the same? Ha, I even typed into a blank filter creation the words, draw MA(30) and it the charts still show the same vertical and horizontal lines. I don't think that code of, draw VHF(100) means anything. I say go into settings and see if there is anything in there that will control the visual lines you want to create otherwise I think SF has incorporated graph lines automatically into their charts without our intervention.

compound_gains
221 posts
msg #117950
Ignore compound_gains
1/29/2014 5:43:51 PM

Maybe I'm slow, but seems like a useless indicator in the first place. JMHO.

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #118134
Ignore decipherlinda
2/8/2014 11:50:02 PM

Borrowed from http://www.incrediblecharts.com/indicators/vertical_horizontal_filter.php

Vertical Horizontal Filter (VHF) was created by Adam White to identify trending and ranging markets. VHF measures the level of trend activity, similar to ADX in the Directional Movement System . Trend indicators can then be employed in trending markets and momentum indicators in ranging markets.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #118135
Ignore Mactheriverrat
2/9/2014 2:13:57 AM

One of the old time salts here name yepher has a site with SF code.He shows up here every great once in awhile.
Here is his site
Yepher SF codes

You can build code using his site. Then I myself copy the code and paste it in a blank filter from the SF page and add some of my items I like on a filter.

And yes he has code there for Vertical Horizontal Filter (vhf)

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Draw VHF(100)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.