StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · ENOUGH FIDDLING<< >>Post Follow-up
mesayah
658 posts
msg #85832
Ignore mesayah
1/8/2010 8:15:56 PM

Let's work together and examine the characteristics of bottoms.

Where else should 1 look then the absolute bottom?

I'll start the ball rolling.

There is 1 month below the parabolic before most turnarounds!!!

Let's have at it kids...

mesayah
658 posts
msg #85852
Ignore mesayah
modified
1/9/2010 1:33:01 AM

No surprise that no one commented on this. There is no norm for a bottom.

What i'm finding is just when you think you've figured it out, the game changes and the system stops working. Or, there are not enough candidates daily so you can't put all your eggs in 1 basket and you make 2-5% on a small % of your bankroll.
Might be better to try to figure out what SPY will do tomorrow if even possible.

We are like Sisyfus rolling the rock up the hill for eternity.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #85859
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
modified
1/9/2010 8:13:45 AM

I had started writing a response, but it devolved into a "you can't find bottoms until they are in the past and the trend has changed" type of post, which I thought was not constructive.

I am going to wait for a confimation of trend, then act. Less stress if you are trading with the trend, rather than against it as you would have to be to try to anticipate where the bottom is.

Excellent classical analogy, by the way (although the more common spelling is Sysiphus). You obviously paid attention in college. But be careful, any evidence of higher eductaion on this board and TRO will start to think you're dumber than his pet rats ...

mesayah
658 posts
msg #85879
Ignore mesayah
1/9/2010 5:42:47 PM

i won't blame it on posting @ 2 in the morning, i'll just blame it on my laziness and my erratic thought process.
Besides, i was on the telefone.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #85885
Ignore johnpaulca
1/9/2010 11:18:50 PM

Trying to pick a bottom is just plain crazy, you will lose eventually. In every move there is a small window of opportunity, if you look hard enough you will find it, be right more than 50% of the time, now combine that with good money management and you will come out on top. Keep it simple people....K.I.S.S

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · ENOUGH FIDDLING<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.