StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · ETF....ETF......ETF....ETF...ETF....ETF...ETF....<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
tomm1111
202 posts
msg #86329
Ignore tomm1111
modified
1/14/2010 10:59:47 PM

Here are some "apply to symlist" ETF's. This is a year or two old and probably needs updating. This can be attached to any filter. FWIW

/* APPLY TO ETF SYMLIST*/
apply to Symlist (QQQQ,SPY,IWM,GLD,MDY,EEM,FXI,DIA,FXY,XLB,XLV,XLP,XLY,XLE,XLF,XLI,XLK,XLU,IVV,IVW,IVE,IJH,IJK,IJJ)
apply to Symlist (IJR,IJT,IJS,IEV,IYY,IYM,IYC,IYK,IYE,IYF,IYH,IYJ,IYW,IYZ,IDU,IYG,IYR,IWV,IWZ,IWW,IWO,IWN,IWB,IWF,IWD)
apply to Symlist (HHH,RKH,UTH,PPH,BHH,IIH,IAH,BBH,BDH,SMH,TTH,EWU,EWT,EWL,EWD,EWP,EWY,EWS,EWN,EWW,EWJ)
apply to Symlist (EWI,EWH,EWG,EWQ,EWC,EWZ,EWK,EWO,EWA,EWM,EZU,ELV,ELG,DSV,DSG,DGT,MTK,TMW,OEF,IOO)
apply to Symlist (ICF,IBB,IGM,RWR,VTI,IGN,IGW,IGV,IWP,IWR,IWS,EFA,IGE,EPP,ILF,ITF,IXC,IXG,IXJ,IXN,IXP,VXF,SHY,IEF,TLT)
apply to Symlist (LQD,RSP,FEZ,FEU,PWC,PWO,AGG,IYT,ONEQ,DVY,TIP,EZA,VV,VO,VB,VTV,VUG,VBK,VCR,VDC,VDE,VFH)
apply to Symlist (VHT,VIS,VGT,VAW,VOX,VPU,VBR,ADRE,ADRD,ADRU,ADRA,ISI,JKD,JKE,JKF,JKG,JKH,JKI,JKJ,JKK,JKL,NYC)
apply to Symlist (NY,VNQ,PEY,PGJ,IAU,KLD,PBW,PWT,PWJ,PWB,PWY,PWP,PWV,VGK,VPL,VWO,XLG,PJP,PBE,PBJ,PEJ,PBS)
apply to Symlist (PXQ,PSI,PSJ,EFV,EFG,IWC,PZI,PID,PFM,PHJ,PPA,PXN,PKB,PXE,PIC,PXJ,PMR,PUI,FDM,ELR,EMM,EMV,EMG)
apply to Symlist (DSC,KBE,KIE,KCE,SDY,RTH,SWH,OIH,MKH,EKH,WMH,PIV,PHO,PHW,PTE,PRF,XBI,XHB,XSD,PZJ,RPV,RPG)
apply to Symlist (RFV,RFG,RZV,RZG,FXE,DBC,FDL,USO,FPX,QTEC,VIG,QQEW,SLV,IEO,IEZ,IHE,IHF,IHI,GDX,IAI,IAK,IAT,ITA)
apply to Symlist (ITB,DWM,DTH,DTN,DEW,DFE,DEB,DTD,DHS,DES,DOO,DOL,DND,DNH,DIM,DON,DLS,DNL,DFJ,DXJ,DLN)
apply to Symlist (SSO,XES,XOP,XPH,XRT,KRE,QLD,GSP,XME,DJP,MZZ,FBT,DDM,MVV,SH,PSQ,DOG,SDS,QID,FDN,DXD,FDV)
apply to Symlist (MYY,FXB,FXC,FXA,FXF,FXS,FXM,GSG,VOE,VOT,OIL,SLX,EVX,PGF,PSP,PDP,PYH,EEB,NFO,XRO,CVY,DBN)
apply to Symlist (DPC,DPN,DKA,DRF,DBR,DDI,DBT,DBU,DGG,VYM,DBV,PRFM,PRFG,PRFS,PRFE,PRFF,PRFH,PRFN,PRFQ)
apply to Symlist (PRFU,PRFZ,EEN,EEW,RXI,KXI,EXI,MXI,JXI,STH,PYZ,PEZ,PSL,PTH,PRN,PTF,PJB,PTJ,PKW,PZD,PXI,PFI,PIQ)
apply to Symlist (PJF,PJG,PJM,PVM,PGZ,NXT,FVI,FVD,PUW,RCD,RHS,RYE,RYF,RYH,RGI,RTM,RYT,RYU,DSI,JPP,JSC,UCR,DCR)
apply to Symlist (INP,CSD,OTP,GRN,DEF,RWX,GMF,GXC,GMM,GUR,GML,GAF,GWL,UWM,SAA,UYM,UGE,UCC,UYG)
apply to Symlist (RXL,UXI,DIG,URE,USD,ROM,UPW,RWM,SBB,TWM,SDD,SMN,SZK,SCC,SKF,RXD,SIJ,DUG,SRS,SSG,REW)
apply to Symlist (SDP,DGL,DBO,DBP,DBB,DBS,DBA,DBE,SHV,IEI,CSJ,TLH,CIU,CFT,GVI,GBF,MBB,CWI,HHA,HHK,HHE,HRD)
apply to Symlist (HHQ,HRW,HHD,HHJ,HHV,HRJ,HHT,HHU,HHG,HHM,HHN,HHZ,HHP,HHB,HHR,GII,FVL,UVG,UKF,UVU)
apply to Symlist (UKW,UVT,UKK,SJF,SDK,SKK,SJH,QQXT,UUP,UDN,QCLN,SFK,SJL,EXT,EEZ,EZY,EPS,EZM,EES,DEM,DRW)
apply to Symlist (BIL,ITE,TLO,IPE,LAG,VEU,TDD,TDH,TDN,TDV,TDX,CZG,CZA,XGC,OTR,PFF,GEX,RSX,BST,BMV,BES,HYG)
apply to Symlist (BSV,BIV,BLV,BND,LVL,KSF,MCG,SCV,UNG,GWX,FXD,FXG,FXN,FXO,FXH,FXR,FXZ,FXL,FXU,FEX,FNX,FYX)
apply to Symlist (FTA,FTC,FAB,FAD,FRI,REZ,FIO,RTL,REM,FTY,CGW,JYN,GBB,ERO,FNI,FCG,FIW,BWV,PBD,PEH,PUA,PIO)
apply to Symlist (PFA,PAF,PXF,PEF,PJO,IDV,CLV,BIK,JNR,ENY,EXB,CRO,HGI,VEA,PDN,PWD,PXH,PFP,ROB,MOO,NLR)
apply to Symlist (WPS,EEH,MZN,MZO,MZG,AGV,ACK,ATY,AQS,ACB,AKB,FDD,FFR,MUB,TFI,BWX,PDQ,CMF,NYF,PZA)
apply to Symlist (PZT,PWZ,PLW,PCY,CXA,INY,SHM,SFV,SIH,SNB,SSK,SVD,SZG,WMW,JJA,JJE,JJG,JJM,COW,GAZ,JJN)
apply to Symlist (JJC,IRO,EFZ,EUM,EFU,DGS,RJI,RJA,RJN,RJZ,EEV,PALL)

tomm1111
202 posts
msg #86331
Ignore tomm1111
1/14/2010 11:02:47 PM

Reading posts...I added "PALL". :o)

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #86332
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/14/2010 11:58:00 PM

I thought all you had to do was to add "ETF" as a line in your filter, and it wil automatically filter for any ETF?

Fetcher[
etf
]

This works - I get 1237 hits.

tomm1111
202 posts
msg #86335
Ignore tomm1111
modified
1/15/2010 12:56:23 AM

I wish I knew that before I put that monstrous list together!...oh well. LOL

Mavis Beacon has nothing on me.

fortyfour
189 posts
msg #86426
Ignore fortyfour
modified
1/16/2010 10:01:29 PM

DTO is a double short oil ETN from Invesco.

A little (not much realy) research reveals that.................

An ETF has secure assets in trust ....
With an ETF these securities are seperate from a companies assets....
If the management company has credit problems and/or goes bankrupt
then the ETF investor is still whole.....

An ETN is an unsecured agreement to track an underlying.
If Invesco(management for DTO) goes bankrupt or has credit problems such as
downgrades etc... you may lose all your money.....
This happened to investors in Bear Stearns ETN's... or so I read......

The happy news is:::::)

Unlike an ETF the ETN does not suffer from the daily compounding that
efects tracking the underlying....

Management fees seem to vary from about .75 to 1%

If you believe that oil down is going to play out for the next weeks(or more) to come...then, my thinking
is that DTO will accurately track oil unlike most of those nasty short ETF's that we only want
to hold a few days...

This is for IRA / 401k money.
As Drew9 stated, it would be bettter to short the long etf with a cash account...
I am going to look into other short ETN's instead of using the short ETF's.

If my understanding here about ETN's isnt entirely accurate then by all means speak up.

Last week oil from $83 to $78.

Goldman Sucks is calling for oil $90 to $110............someones on the wrong side....who ?

drew9
171 posts
msg #86428
Ignore drew9
1/16/2010 10:48:12 PM

Just wanted to once again to reiterate to create your own watchlist. Take the time to review each ETF and see how it has performed over the timeframe it has been around. I use the previous filter I posted but created a diversified list and tested each ETF individually in a backtest. You do not want to just use all the ETF's as some react terribly and even if profitable, not enough in percentage terms to even bother. Doing this and only keeping the best performers will allow you to attain high percentage gains with W/L percentages over 80% depending on your timeframe and exit. I also only go long or short if they are above or below the 100 day MA. This greatly improves the percentages and prevents you from being against the long term trend.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #86547
Ignore karennma
modified
1/19/2010 8:57:08 AM

To all you ETF lovers out there ...
I'm thinking XPP might give a higher return than the more popular TNA and FAS.
Just an FYI ...

fortyfour
189 posts
msg #86587
Ignore fortyfour
modified
1/19/2010 5:34:25 PM

It does look good Karen.

I try to look at these etfs with this simple rolling percentage measure
to see if you may reasonably expect to get 7 -15 % out of these sswing type
trades. I cant handle those china etfs though because of the daily gaps due
to overseas trading.......

Fetcher[symlist(xpp,tna,fas,dia)

set{dif, close - close 5 days ago}
set{p, dif/close 5 days ago}
set{per, p * 100}
draw per
]

If someone has a better way to measure the past swing tade precentage moves then
please post.........

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #86791
Ignore karennma
1/22/2010 10:27:58 AM

Well, FXI and XPP have stopped bleeding.
So I suspect, Monday will be an "up" day ... at least for China.
And then we'll follow (U.S.).

fortyfour
189 posts
msg #86886
Ignore fortyfour
modified
1/23/2010 7:22:55 PM

Karen ,
Using Drew9's indicator XPP does actually look most overdone but, .......,
totally out of character for me I have bought the proverbial falling knife in TYH at the close Friday.
It was most overcooked and I like the underlying tech...even GOOG.
If no reversal by 10:30 ish see ya later......

MHO is that ETF's shine at these times when when ALL stocks become oversold and a
"stock" filter flashes 200 candidates.

Very casual testing/observation has shown me that TNA for example, performs as well or better
bouncing from these bottoms, for say 5 or 10 days to come, as very volatile "institutional" quality stocks.
And, it IS possible to pick a stock that underperforms badly. Why chance it?
For all their risks and flaws (very short holding periods) IMHO these tripples are game changers for SOME people.

My logic, flawed as it may be..... is not to choose a couple/few stocks from that monster list of filter results.
I choose 1 etf instead.

Has anyone ever bought a few stocks in ONE day and done well......not me!

The Fast money guys....(and yes Mike, my friend.... they can trade their way out of bags)
have clearly defined the support/ resistance lines on SP500 for what seems to be decent
trading guidlines in the near future.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · ETF....ETF......ETF....ETF...ETF....ETF...ETF....<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.