StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · ETF: Whats in there?<< >>Post Follow-up
rtucker
318 posts
msg #60831
Ignore rtucker
3/27/2008 5:37:31 PM

I for one am using ETF's more these days. There are some , unlike
say... QLD/QID, whose "investment vehicle" isnt as correlated as I might think.

Todays example is SRS. Even though the real estate sector was one of the poorest performers today , this double inverse etf barely budged. GRRR!.

Of course, now I have to do DD on SRS and several others. USO is
another. It seems that one has to be aware of + or - "roll yield" as the next forward contract is purchased.

My question is. What sites/sources of info are people using to research ETF's ? Now I am jumping from site to site to pick up scraps of info.
Any direction would be appreciated. TIA.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60833
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
3/27/2008 7:52:20 PM

Even though the real estate sector was one of the poorest performers today...

Uhm, you might want to double-check that. Here's today's wrap-up on some of the largest homebuilders:
BZH2.86%
HOV2.26%
DHI2.17%
LEN1.76%
PHM1.62%
TOL0.89%

Well, let me take that back. Although I would think there's a high degree of correlation between the "real estate" and "residential construction" sectors, now that I had a closer look at its components perhaps the correlation ain't so high after all. But then again, the two of the largest holding, Simon Property (SPG) & ProLogis (PLD) were down only -0.17% and 0.61%, respectively. Perhaps that explains why ure ETF never moved much today.

ProZachJ
8 posts
msg #60840
Ignore ProZachJ
3/27/2008 11:25:40 PM

rtucker,

I have been experimenting with trading etf's. Mostly just holding for a couple of days at most. Have you had any experience trading them intraday? Any Advice?

rtucker
318 posts
msg #60841
Ignore rtucker
3/27/2008 11:33:52 PM

Sorry, I am not a day trader. A belated welcome ( your 1st post the other day). Look to the current long running threads at the top of the forums for intra day tips. Good luck.

mimi
63 posts
msg #60847
Ignore mimi
modified
3/28/2008 4:20:39 AM

Hi,Pro

Before trading options, I mostly traded ETFs for swing and day trading.

These are day-trades that I did.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

RocketFetcher
59 posts
msg #61054
Ignore RocketFetcher
4/3/2008 7:40:54 PM

mimi, good discussion, can you share how you are now trading options? I am also trading options, and would like to discuss further..let me know, we could get in touch or start a new thread....

RocketFetcher
59 posts
msg #61058
Ignore RocketFetcher
4/3/2008 9:17:22 PM

P.S. mimi, wanted to ask, about your chart posts of your DIA trades intraday; what signals you used for your entry /exit on the 5 min chart?

mimi
63 posts
msg #61069
Ignore mimi
modified
4/4/2008 1:15:33 AM

HI! ROCK

Sorry to get you back late!

I am still new to OP trading, so not so much to talk about.

But I keep 90% winnning rate for OP short and 80% OP Long, so far not bad.

I trade OP based on daily chart.

If BOX move, I play short strangles (http://www.poweropt.com/shortstranglehelp.asp).

I like shorting OP-PUT and having small LONG position same time when it dipps.

Like this chart.

There are many OP strategies you can use. OP is good way to make steady income.

I suggest learning basics and play little.

http://optionmonster.com/#action=home

http://www.cboe.com/LearnCenter/

mimi
63 posts
msg #61070
Ignore mimi
4/4/2008 1:23:25 AM

>what signals you used for your entry /exit

I do not use any specific signals.

When chart forms good support I enter, and when it hits resistant level or when it runs I exit, that's all.

I like swing trading better than day trading.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · ETF: Whats in there?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.