StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Eclude IPOs<< >>Post Follow-up
markd01
10 posts
msg #101698
Ignore markd01
7/18/2011 1:27:41 PM

Does anyone have a good way to exclude stocks that have not traded for more than say 200 days? I don't want to trade IPO's and would only want to see established companies..

Here's what I tried so far and is not working:

symlist (renn,yoku,tfm,ibm)
close 200 days ago is above 0

four
5,087 posts
msg #101700
Ignore four
modified
7/18/2011 2:29:22 PM

As it should be, RENN is missing from the fetch.

Fetcher[
symlist(renn,yoku,tfm,ibm)
set{x, close 200 days ago}
x > 0
add column x {close200}
]

markd01
10 posts
msg #101704
Ignore markd01
7/18/2011 4:14:08 PM

I should have added more info.. I would like to exclude companies which have not traded under their current symbol x days ago. The trick is distinguishing current company's quote from someone else's..

1) Exchanges like to reuse ticker symbols, see YOKU as an example
a) As per Yahoo Finance, 1st quote is from 12/08/2010, $27, no quotes from 12/07/2010 or before
b) But StockFetcher keeps quotes for some thinly traded stuck prior to December 2010 for around $8.

You can see that from a 2 year chart:
http://www.stockfetcher.com/cgi-bin/popquote.pl?qrid=1311019043&id=8542199&sym=YOKU&period=2y&did=8915

and from running this query:

symlist(renn,yoku,tfm,ibm)
set{x, close 160 days ago}
x > 0
add column x {close160}

2) One hack I tried is the following, where I said exclude any stock that went up more than 100% in the last 140 days, assuming that old quotes for a different company with same ticker were close to 0 (going bankrupt).. but of course there are actually stocks that move that much..

set {from_oldest_close1, close - close 140 days ago}
set {from_oldest_close2, from_oldest_close1 / close 140 days ago}
set {from_oldest_close, from_oldest_close2 * 100}
from_oldest_close < 100

3) Perhaps another way would be to look for lowest quote in the last few months going below $1.00?

Thank you for your ideas,

Mark

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Eclude IPOs<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.