StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Edward de Bono's Message for Today - 21st December 2005<< >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39685
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/20/2005 11:51:47 AM

Edward de Bono's Message for Today - 21st December 2005

An insight switch-over involves discontinuity. It involves breaking loose from an established way of looking at things in order to find a new one. For this reason insight cannot be achieved by the sequential process of logical thinking which insists that you must be right at each stage.

So logical thinking will only preserve the established way of looking at things - not change it. To do this one needs lateral thinking.

© Edward de Bono, 1971. "Practical Thinking"

scvidar
87 posts
msg #39704
Ignore scvidar
12/20/2005 9:04:11 PM

Thanks I decided to do a web search at Amazon and it came up with a list of books he has had published. "Six Thinking Hats " seemed really interesting. I
appreciate being turned on to new ways of thinking. You never know where ideas may go that way.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39707
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/21/2005 1:28:27 AM

Dr. de Bono has written over 60 books... it's hard to keep up!

I usually find copies in used book stores.

Also on www.bookfinder.com

His book, de Bono's Thinking Course is a must read!!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39708
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/21/2005 1:29:17 AM

I check his site daily:

www.edwdebono.com

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #39714
Ignore EWZuber
12/21/2005 12:49:11 PM

An 'insight switchover' or paradigm shift can be arrived at logically,IMO.
What is required is new information to arrive at the new paradigm.
When the new information is logically integrated into the old system it changes your insight into the nature of the object of your attention.

judgetrade
107 posts
msg #39729
Ignore judgetrade
12/22/2005 6:16:45 AM

interesting discussion, I hold on to the result of a new Theory just like Karl Popper... http://www.eeng.dcu.ie/~tkpw/.
If the idea is better then the old one (better application, higher utility) then I do not care which way you took in order to find it...

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Edward de Bono's Message for Today - 21st December 2005<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.