StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Expansion Breakout<< >>Post Follow-up
trader123
2 posts
msg #31101
Ignore trader123
2/15/2004 1:57:10 PM

I am trying to write a filter that duplicates some of Jeff Coopers filters.
The one that is giving me difficulty is:

Today's range (high minus low) must be equal to or larger than the largest daily range of the previous nine trading days.

I have tried to apply and modify the Indicators.....Day Range...Average Day Range....Day Point Range, without anything satisfactory.

I have pretty much the rest of it except for this one indicator.

Thanks,
trader123

mika
131 posts
msg #31102
Ignore mika
2/15/2004 11:47:50 PM

Why not post them?

I'd be interested in having a look at them. I'm sure others as well.

trader123
2 posts
msg #31103
Ignore trader123
2/16/2004 12:42:44 AM

I figured it out.

Expansions Breakout Buys:
SET{DIFF, HIGH - LOW} diff reached a new 9 days high
and high reached a new 2 month high
and close between 30 and 50
and close is above the open
and Average Volume(90)is below 200000

Expansions Breakout Sells:
SET{DIFF, HIGH - LOW} diff reached a new 9 days high
and low reached a new 2 month low
and close is below the open

1-2-3-4's Buys (three down):
ADX(14) is above 30
+DI(14) is above -DI(14)
and low has been decreasing for 3 days

1-2-3-4's Sells (three up):
ADX(14) is above 30
+DI(14) is below -DI(14)
and high has been increasing for 3 days

There is another scan for the 1-2-3-4's except instead of (low has been decreasing for 3 days). You have 2 down days and an inside day. But I haven't figured out how to write it yet.

The thing that is not included in the above filters is...Jeff Cooper only trades in stocks that has high institutional sponsorship. I don't know if there is an indicator for this or not.

These are only two of the many his book "Hit and Run Trading".

trader123

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Expansion Breakout<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.