StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · FREE GIFTS<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 >>Post Follow-up
stocktrader
294 posts
msg #43518
Ignore stocktrader
5/6/2006 10:10:35 AM

-Stock Bashers-

Always amazed with stock message board bashers and their level of maturity.

Here's a hyped-view of a message board stock basher:

http://www.novakcapital.com/bashers.htm

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #45177
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/22/2006 3:00:59 AM

http://www.the-way-to-trade.com/fitness.pdf

Get it while you can!

markcrisp
187 posts
msg #46092
Ignore markcrisp
7/27/2006 12:36:44 PM

Desktop ticker:

http://www.stressfreetrading.com/free-desktop-stock-ticker.php

markcrisp
187 posts
msg #46196
Ignore markcrisp
8/5/2006 4:09:25 AM

Fade the Gap Method:

http://www.daytradeformoney.com

radovan.arendas
41 posts
msg #46197
Ignore radovan.arendas
8/5/2006 7:27:45 AM

TRO, you are changing the markets :o) I'm curious if/how these method will work if many players start to follow it. The gaps won't fade?

I read posts on this forum related to muddy's method. When he shared it and people started to follow it was getting more and more hot every day.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #46206
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
8/5/2006 12:01:34 PM

Rad...

I don't have enough BUYING POWER to change the markets in the way you think.

Every time someone trades, they "change" the market. That's the nature of markets.

The opposite of what you think is true.

If you are a buyer, then you don't want less buyers, YOU WANT MORE!

I like to "peel" AAPL. I would love it if everyone traded AAPL.

The more the merrier.

Why?

If I am long, more buyers drive the price up. I can get in/out with a profit easier when there are more buyers.

So, the more traders "fading the gap", the better for me.

I know my entry price zone, either I get it or I don't. If I miss it today, oh well, there's always tomorrow and the next day, and the next...

And when the time comes that I can no longer squeeze any more AAPL juice, I'll find another stock. That's what StockFetcher is for - finding stocks to trade.

HTH.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

radovan.arendas
41 posts
msg #46209
Ignore radovan.arendas
8/5/2006 12:14:01 PM

Hi TRO, your reply actually reminded me that I wanted to ask about some book related to execution skills. Can you recomend some?
I think I read somewhere that sucesfull trading is 10% about picking the stock, 50% money management, 20% execution skills... than 10% + 10% ... I don't remember.

I hope there will be time when I will understand the markets much more than I do now.
Thanks for your support
r.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #46226
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/6/2006 12:37:57 PM

Execution?

I would read everything about trading DISCIPLINE and PSYCHOLOGY.

That's the HOW part of "It's not what you trade, it's HOW you trade it."

1) Open up the Wall Street Journal.

2) Throw a dart.

3) Trade that stock and only that stock for one year.

If you show a loss at the end of the year, is it the dart's fault?

If you show a profit at the end of the year, was it a lucky throw?

"IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT"

radovan.arendas
41 posts
msg #46262
Ignore radovan.arendas
8/8/2006 12:45:30 PM

TRO,

Believe me that I know quite a lot about psychology. I also mastered discipline although in other fields and not stocks trading, yet. I also read Mental Fitness… that U brought to us and couple of books provided by nikoschopen on rapidshare... I’m aware of necessity to strictly follow money management but I lack system to follow. Some 70:30 win/loss ratio would be nice :o)))

I tried to paper trade “your” 60 days slope >0 in combination with rsi2 or bottom linear regression line and similar approaches. I somehow didn’t feel comfortable so I gave it up.

I feel comfortable with full stochastic and unfinished double-bottom. I want to build it by myself to understand each letter in it.

By execution skills I was referring to going from higher time frame (I expect my trades to last 2-5 days) to lower time-frames (1 hour / 30min / 15min charts) to make a good entry point. To master this approach I need to follow more than 1 stock, U agree. Otherwise I would make more pocket money by tailoring t-shirts :o))

Can U explain in more detail your so many times repeated "It's not what U trade but how U trade"?

Regards
r.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #46268
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/8/2006 9:49:34 PM

"Can U explain in more detail your so many times repeated "It's not what U trade but how U trade"?"

I sold HEC today for a profit.

I bought it last week.

Why did I buy it?

FLAT BOTTOM.

Today, HEC went up enough so I could sell 900 of every 1,000 shares I bought and extract my original stake.

I now have 100 free shares of HEC for every 1,000 I bought.

I can sit back at wait for HEC to really take off.

THAT'S HOW I TRADE.

I had free shares of ATML from $4.03.

Today when ATML hit $5.25, I entered a $.05 trailing stop. I got stopped out at $5.21. PROFIT IN THE BAG.

THAT'S HOW I TRADE.

AAPL. You can get juice out of AAPL everyday, just FADE THE GAP and pay attention to candle color. THAT'S HOW I TRADE AAPL.

FOREX... I waited for the FOMC news today, I had my buy and short screens pre-loaded. Finger on the button. When EURUSD hit 1.2850, I was in. I was out in 26 seconds at 1.2886. That's a 36% return! THAT'S HOW I TRADE.

So, you see, it's not what I trade, but how I trade it.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · FREE GIFTS<< 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.