StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · FYI: TD Ameritrade iZone commissions for Cool-Trade users<< >>Post Follow-up
guru_trader
485 posts
msg #56808
Ignore guru_trader
modified
11/16/2007 10:33:26 PM

Here is an email from TD Ameritrade's iZone describing their commission structure for cool-trade customers. I found pieces of this recipe scattered throughout the Internet and wanted to put it all together.

======================================================

Thank you for your email. Your account has been coded to receive the following offer:
Your first 20 trades each statement month $0 Commission per Trade
Your trades 21-100 each statement month $3 Commission per Trade
Your trades 101-200 each statement month $2 Commission per Trade
Your trades 201 & above each statement month $1 Commission per Trade
Please keep in mind the following requirements for this offer:
1. You must place a minimum of 30 Trades per Month
2. There is a minimum account value of $30,000
3. The reduced commission rate applies to equity trades placed on the Cool-Trade platform only. Any trades placed on the Izone website will be subject to the Izone commission rates.
Please let us know if you have any further questions and thank you for choosing Izone.
Sincerely,
Client Services
Ameritrade Izone
Division of Ameritrade, Inc.

======================================================

Here is how I got there ...

1) I clicked on the link to cool-trade from the TD Ameritrade website in order to get the cool-trade discount ($39.99/month)

2) I downloaded and installed the cool-trade software to try it out ... in simulator mode ... I still haven't figured out enough to use it live

3) I opened an account with TD Ameritrade iZone (the discount brokerage side of TD Ameritrade) ... they ask for $30,000+ equity balance to get the best commissions

4) I then sent an email to TD Ameritrade iZone asking for the cool-trade pricing program. Here is the format of the email ...

How to Activate the New CoolTrade / Izone Pricing
CoolTrade has received numerous inquiries asking how to activate the new CoolTrade pricing at TD AMERITRADE Izone.
Here are the detailed steps:
1. Log into your TD AMERITRADE Izone account at www.izone.com
2. Go to Client Services > Contact Us
Note: You must log in FIRST, before clicking Contact Us
3. Click on SEND US EMAIL.
4. Fill in the Form as follows:
• CHOOSE A TOPIC: Client Services
• INQUIRE ABOUT: Commissions or Fees
• Type this text:
Please update my account for the CoolTrade pricing.
My CoolTrade email address is: ___________________
5. Click the green SUBMIT button at the bottom.

===============================================

ps. Cool-Trade lists the top trader each day and today someone made over $9,000+

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · FYI: TD Ameritrade iZone commissions for Cool-Trade users<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.