StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Feature request(s)<< >>Post Follow-up
acervapsych
39 posts
msg #27655
Ignore acervapsych
8/2/2003 3:45:01 PM

Thought it might be a good idea to see what thoughts StockFetcher users have on how to improve the service. Let me get the ball rolling...

I would really like it if I could have StockFetcher parse the results of all my filters and return a list of the tickers which recieved 2 or more "hits". The ticker symbol(s) and number of hits would be returned for each ticker and this output could be emailed to subscribers each day. I think stocks that are showing up on multiple filters have an increased likelihood of success. Thoughts?

acervapsych
39 posts
msg #27660
Ignore acervapsych
8/2/2003 9:57:30 PM

Here's a bit of an expansion of this concept:

I've used the concept of multiple confirmations profitably in the past. Today I took the list of tickers which had been generated by all of my StockFetcher Filters for Friday. I then parsed the list and found all tickers that appeared on more than one Filter. I eliminated all tickers which appeared on only 1 filter and organized the remaining by the number of hits they generated. When I analyzed the resulting list I found, not surprisingly, the those stocks which had occurred on 4 different filters the same day provided a better return than those which had occurances on only 1 filter.

What I would like to do is develop some quick, automated way of filtering and sorting the tickers which result from my filters. There are some tools on the net that will allow you to input a text file and retun a list of the most frequent words accompanied by how frequently they occur in the document. This still requires too much manual snipping and editing to be practical.

When at the StockFetcher page that shows all of your filters you have the option to click "view" next to any filter and return a list of the matching securities. What I would like is a "View All Matches" button on the page which would return a list of all matching tickers. I would like this to be configurable so that one could opt to have the resultant tickers sorted by which Filter derived them or by how many "hits" the ticker generated.

The first sorting option would output thusly:

--------
FILTER 1
--------

TICKER HITS

MSFT 1
CSCO 3
NXTL 1

--------
FILTER 2
--------

TICKER HITS

SEBL 1
QCOM 2

The second (preferable) sorting option might output as follows:

--------
4 HITS
--------

TICKER FILTERS

PSFT A,D,E,G

--------
3 HITS
--------

TICKER FILTERS

CSCO C,E,F
EBAY E,F,G

--------
2 HITS
--------

TICKER FILTERS

QCOM A,G

LEGEND
------

A = BOING !!!
B = HOLYGRAIL'S BEST 1 MONTH FILTER
C = MUDDY'S BOLLINGER BAND FILTER

I recently emailed StockFetcher Support and also posted this concept to the forums. If you think it's a good idea and would like to see it implemented please let StockFetcher know. Also, if any of you have any tools which can do this or perhaps some programming abilities that would allow you to make a simple tool for this purpose please share the wealth!

STOCKPIMP

murknd
62 posts
msg #27661
Ignore murknd
8/2/2003 11:02:41 PM

Stockpimp

You're describing something very similar to what I see the match list feature does in SF. If you load all your filters in My Filters and then click on Match List you can sort the resulting table by the number of hits and see the ticker symbols in order that matched the most filters. What else do you mean?

D

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #27662
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/2/2003 11:16:49 PM

What I would settle for ( and really love ) is an on/off toggle switch under the OPTIONS column on the My Filters Page.

That way I could turn off all of my experimental filters and just use the few filters I want to process.

What I have to do now is segment my filters in blocks of ten so I can see what I am looking for in the batch.

Also, it would be nice if SF would post an announcement every week telling us what to expect in the near future.

StockFetcher is such an awesome tool!

Keep up the good work, SF!!

acervapsych
39 posts
msg #27665
Ignore acervapsych
8/3/2003 3:54:42 AM

murknd is correct. That's pretty damn close! Thanks for the heads up murk. I was aware of the feature but the extent to which it correlates with what I had mind somehow escaped me. I also like the ability to enter a list of interesting securities into the watchlist and then rank-order those by number of hits. In the immortal words of Rosanne RosannaDana...Never Mind!

mktmole
325 posts
msg #111384
Ignore mktmole
2/14/2013 12:02:47 PM

Would like to have the ability to reference today's action to an action in the past.
Example: close today crossed above the high of the single wide range bar (20% > atr(30), that occurred 10 days ago within past 30 days.

tks and a reply is appreciated

mm

voidcomp
23 posts
msg #111387
Ignore voidcomp
2/14/2013 1:14:17 PM

I can't find this 'match list' function that was just discussed.

mktmole
325 posts
msg #111398
Ignore mktmole
2/14/2013 6:36:38 PM

its from 2003.
I posted a new topic/request.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Feature request(s)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.