StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter code help - using RSI<< >>Post Follow-up
Kaylexa
11 posts
msg #99665
Ignore Kaylexa
3/15/2011 12:03:22 AM

Hello,

I've been trying to think of how to write some filter code to convey this thought:

Price is making a new 2-day low
RSI(5) is NOT making a new 2-day low

In other words, there is some short-term divergence between price and RSI(5).

Some other notes:

* I use daily charts, and I want to run this filter each day about an hour before the market close.

* For RSI(5), I don't just use the "close" to calculate my RSI reading. I use "(close + close + close + High + Low)/5"
This may or may not make any difference when drafting the StockFetcher code.

* Once I get some good working code, I also want to do the same thing for a new 3-day low, new 4-day low, and new 5-day low (not just a 2-day low).

* The main "guts" to this idea is the price and RSI(5) relationship. But a few other parameters I will also include in the filter are:

price is between 3 and 75
Average Volume(90) is above 100000
RSI(5) is between 0 and 50
price is above EMA(200)

Any help will be much appreciated. I love using StockFetcher and I enjoy trying to craft the right code. But I just can't get my mind to work for this one.

Thank you,

Kaylexa

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #99685
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/15/2011 4:12:41 PM

Price is making a new 2-day low
RSI(5) is NOT making a new 2-day low

Fetcher[

set{LOW2, count(low equal low 2 day low,1)}
set{RSI5, count(rsi(5) above rsi(5) 2 day low, 1)}

LOW2 ABOVE 0
RSI5 ABOVE 0

Close above 20
avg volume(90) above 1000000
]

See if that's in the ballpark.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #99686
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/15/2011 4:13:15 PM

You may want to search for some of my divergence filters.

Kaylexa
11 posts
msg #99694
Ignore Kaylexa
3/16/2011 12:20:37 AM

TheRumpledOne,

Thank you very much. You made my day.

Yes, I will most certainly search for some of your divergence filters.

Kaylexa

wwells
3 posts
msg #99739
Ignore wwells
3/17/2011 4:17:35 PM

I have been trying to use a formula offered by the stockfetcher helpers, to filter for the divergence of price and volume. Unfortunately, it does not work. Where do you enter the code you are describing. All I have seen in the guide and examples are phrases. Appreciate any help.

four
5,087 posts
msg #99740
Ignore four
3/17/2011 4:27:24 PM

try this link for ideas ...

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&fid=1002&tid=95355&qrid=&isiframe=

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter code help - using RSI<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.