StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter puzzler<< >>Post Follow-up
srdiamond
2 posts
msg #34397
Ignore srdiamond
12/17/2004 12:00:43 AM

I am trying to create a filter to show when an oscillator crosses over a certain threshold so many times within a defined timeframe - for exxample - I want stocks that have a CCI(20) that has crossed back and forth over the zero line more than 5 times in the last 60 days. I have come to the conclusion that it cant be done in SF since info isnt 'saved' in an array or something similar - my best shot was something like this..

set{CCcross,CCI(20) crosses over 0}
CCcross > 5 for last 60 days

which obviously doesnt work - anyone have any creative ideas?

kgriffen
49 posts
msg #34398
Ignore kgriffen
12/17/2004 12:17:51 AM

try:

Fetcher[set{CCcross,count(CCI(20) crossed over 0,60)}
CCcross > 5
]

srdiamond
2 posts
msg #34401
Ignore srdiamond
12/17/2004 2:33:42 AM

amazing how simple that was - I could not find "count" in the SF user guide - any idea where one finds the usage/syntax of such undocumented stuff? it seems to have a limit of 100 days

set{CCcross,count(CCI(20) crossed over 0,100)}
CCcross > 4
Average Volume(20) > 300000
close > 11

set{CCcross,count(CCI(20) crossed over 0,101)}
CCcross > 4
Average Volume(20) > 300000
close > 11

the only difference between these 2 is the increment from 100 to 101 but the results are drastically different - any ideas?

cegis
235 posts
msg #34409
Ignore cegis
12/17/2004 1:58:22 PM

Wnehever I'm looking for functionality, I look in the Announcements Forum FIRST. That's where functionality is documented first... The User's Manual is quite out of date.

Also, yepher has developed a good web site that has good descriptions of SF functionality - including some thread posts that are helpful. I don't have the url handy, but you can search on yepher.com, and you should be able to find it quickly.

HTH,

C

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter puzzler<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.