StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filtering Sectors<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
ds2007
15 posts
msg #46904
Ignore ds2007
9/13/2006 11:57:06 AM

First, I would like to know if you can filter all sectors against the s&p to find strongest sectors.
Second, I would like to know if you can exclude certain sectors in a filter, ie: if the above mentioned scan for strong sectors shows ENERGY is weak, then any other filter could be written to exclude the weak energy sector.

as214
184 posts
msg #46907
Ignore as214
9/13/2006 9:31:19 PM

Why would you want to do that.. The best way to make money is to find the strongest stocks in the most out of favor sectors. Sign up for free 5 week vector vest trial. Sort the industries by RT(Relative timing). Look at the lowest timed sector with the vest valued stock within that sector. That simple yet effective method got me in NXG at 1.26 and TIE at 3.47! Buy and holding undervalued small caps is the way to go. Where else are you going to make 300+ percent on your money a year while paying minimal commission and only 15 percent tax.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #46913
Ignore nikoschopen
9/14/2006 12:38:28 PM

It should be added that those who are in possession of the key often cannot find the damn lock or, at least, that the door which has been opened so far is the wrong door. Does that mean there's no value in respect to the proposed end? Just as some people will view this as food for thought while others will see it as, well, romantic nonsense.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #46914
Ignore maxreturn
9/14/2006 1:39:08 PM

AS214, what do you mean by "vest valued stock"?

as214
184 posts
msg #46941
Ignore as214
9/14/2006 8:21:35 PM

Max,

Typo I meant to say best valued stock ie. highest earnings yield per sort in that particular sector.I learned this after reading Peter Lynch's book and through over 100 hours of backtesting on Vector Vest.. As for Niko. I am a simple man. I'm pretty sure you took a jab at me but that's fine I wish you well nonetheless. I will still read your posts with clarity and enthusiasm as I always like to learn and discover. Good luck to you.

as214
184 posts
msg #46942
Ignore as214
9/14/2006 8:28:55 PM

THM would fit the criteria of a pick that would conform to the above methodology. Watch where this stock is at the end of the year.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #46943
Ignore nikoschopen
9/14/2006 8:44:13 PM

as214,

To suggest the morals of value-investing to a person whose main interest lies with growth-investing is like asking Warren Buffett to teach you how to read the charts. Well, kinda. Thus my reference to opening the "wrong door". It wasn't meant as a criticism.

as214
184 posts
msg #46944
Ignore as214
9/14/2006 8:51:34 PM

OK Niko.. I certainly respect your opinion and I read all your posts as I have learned from you. I was only trying to help the above poster out and let him know what has given me triple digit gains the past couple of years while allowing for minimal time in front of the computer. . PS.. Thank you for your EMA9/DMA 28,-14 crossover sell signal that I learned from you. Itr is something that i look at when I am contemplating selling a security..

PS.. For those of you who dont like low priced stocks consider TEX as my selection for my Vector Vest contrarian sector value play.

garryp
39 posts
msg #46971
Ignore garryp
9/15/2006 12:54:37 PM

as214,

What level of vectorvest membership is required to do as you suggest?

traderblues
195 posts
msg #46973
Ignore traderblues
9/15/2006 1:14:56 PM

I agree with as214 on value investing. I used to think that value investing was boring, and growth was the way to go. Not any more. Low-priced, under-valued, undiscovered stocks will beat any other strategy if you like to hold long-to- medium-term (a few weeks to a few months). And in addition to earnings yield, look at price-to-sales ratio. A rising stock with a low P/S ratio and a low % of institutional ownership has a good chance of being a rocket.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filtering Sectors<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.