StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filtering out gaps<< >>Post Follow-up
sammyn
81 posts
msg #141488
Ignore sammyn
modified
1/29/2018 1:44:05 PM

So, the gap filters I found, usually just look for a gap yesterday.

What I would like to do, is filter out any stocks that had a gap (up or down) over 20% over the past 120 days.

(Basically, I'm trying to get rid of those that had sudden surprises -- for example, a buy out).

How would I do this? I tried this, but, it errors out

Fetcher[
set{gap_dn,days(high is greater than 20% below low 1 day ago)}
and add column gap_dn
]

Thanks!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #141538
Ignore karennma
1/30/2018 10:59:34 AM

As per Stockfetcher:
Here is a filter that will find stocks with big gaps:

set{gapUp, count(open more than 20 percent above close 1 day ago, 120)}
set{gapDown, count(open more than 20 percent below close 1 day ago, 120)}
set{gapCount, gapUp + gapDown}
close > 10
and gapCount > 0

If you want to eliminate stocks that had this gap:

set{gapUp, count(open more than 20 percent above close 1 day ago, 120)}
set{gapDown, count(open more than 20 percent below close 1 day ago, 120)}
set{gapCount, gapUp + gapDown}
close > 10
and gapCount equals 0

sammyn
81 posts
msg #141568
Ignore sammyn
1/30/2018 5:11:06 PM

Worked like a dream.

thank you!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filtering out gaps<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.