StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Find the next NTRI<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
markcrisp
187 posts
msg #40675
Ignore markcrisp
1/25/2006 5:15:05 AM

Tell you what EZWuber

Simply tell us the next 5 bagger....then we'll all stop calling you a crank and actually believe you..until then.

limestar
79 posts
msg #40677
Ignore limestar
1/25/2006 9:18:12 AM

Markcrisp is right. There is no way 10 out of 10 times you will be able to find the next NRTI and HOLD IT TILL FRUITION based on the filters here. They hold no fundamentals in their scanning and you can only have confidence in holding a stock that long if the fundamentals are good.

Yeh you might get lucky and ride one of these stocks based on a filter and the fundamentals improve and then all of sudden you change from a technical based trader to a fundamental trader and then decide to ride this stock as opposed to selling all your RSI < 1 stocks after making 3 bucks.

BS. It won't happen. Those odds I'll bet against everytime. Its difficult to have a split trading perspective to begin with, but again these filters contain no fundamental information. There are many many times where technicals and fundamentals meet.

You can maybe find the next NTRI in a filter scan and say hey I saw that, but you will most likely never capture the gains from its rise.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #40685
Ignore EWZuber
1/25/2006 2:06:44 PM

markcrisp
you have completely avoided the question,'how did I do this'.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #40686
Ignore EWZuber
1/25/2006 2:13:03 PM

BTW, I don't care if you call me names. I know who I am. I quit letting that sort of thing affect me when I left grade school.
If I decide to post the next long term mover it will be 'just a heads up' for board members.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #40688
Ignore EWZuber
1/25/2006 2:28:49 PM

limestar
First of all, you have narrowed the challenge way beyond any reasonable level.
You are demanding a 100% or absolute perfection in regards to long term predictions.
We deal with TECHNICAL INDICATORS not LAWS. They call them 'indicators' because that is what they are capable of doing.
Also you are demanding that all information must come from the filters. I am puzzled by this one in particular because in my original post I made it clear that I do use fundamentals to help find these long term movers.
You contend that riding a long term mover would be just a stroke of luck. I disagree as I have a technical system that allows me to identify a prospect BEFORE the move even begins and also allows for a position to mature naturally while protecting against trend breaking downside moves.
I don't have any idea where RSI<1 gets into the discussion. I have never used RSI as an indicator. (???)
Finally, if you understood my system at all you would not make that final statement. The problem is that right now you are not able to comprehend a system that would do these things so your skepticism is understandable.

markcrisp
187 posts
msg #40708
Ignore markcrisp
1/26/2006 5:00:28 AM

Then simply show us your next trade based on these "magical" scans....That's all I ask. No name calling. Just know it can't be done.Let the proof be in the pudding.

These scans are merely a "tool" to finding great stocks..there's a LOT more in it than that though

jclaffee
81 posts
msg #40710
Ignore jclaffee
1/26/2006 6:14:41 AM

Hi, markcrisp

You can search the archives back several years for "EWZuber" and see where he has made right edge calls (usually in posts headed "Just a Heads Up").

Jim

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40713
Ignore nikoschopen
1/26/2006 1:50:24 PM

EWZuber,

Perhaps you could accept TRO's challenge of bringing a concept similar to TradingMarkets.com's Power Ratings to SF. For those who may be interested in Power Ratings, check it out at http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/powerratings.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40737
Ignore nikoschopen
1/27/2006 3:03:14 PM

Am I the only one still riding AKS?

judgetrade
107 posts
msg #40744
Ignore judgetrade
1/27/2006 7:10:43 PM

EWZuber,

I read you head up posts and had a short look on the performance of you tips.
I am not far in "Backtesting" them, but they seem to be extreemly good.

Have you also posted your methods in this board? If yes, I will look them up.

The discussion: very interesting, traders fight for their method. The only truth in trading is subjective, if you find something that works for you, it works for you. Many times I am not intelligent enough to understand why a certain method works for another trader (day trading for example is totally of my capacity, but I know there are day traders that make money!). I accept this and I am happy for the trader who trades successfully on a strat that I do not understand ("Wait for green", I personally "wait for red" and trade it successfully!)

I still try to understand it, because sometimes I understand the strat and can find out if I can apply it (like the RSI (2) panic selling stuff, which finally makes money for me).

Have a look at www.collective2.com, a lot of bad systems, but also some systems that are super, then I know, still a hell to be learned.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Find the next NTRI<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.