StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Finding stocks 50% above MA(50)<< >>Post Follow-up
glgene
613 posts
msg #96761
Ignore glgene
10/5/2010 9:59:18 PM

Below is a script I developed, in an attempt to find stocks at least 50% above their MA(50). Looking for potential nosebleed-level stocks. I also show their RSI(14) readings for the past 3 days.

With the end-of-day run 10-5-2010, I found 8 stocks. Sure wish I had bought VHC a month ago . Anyway, it's currently at 104% above its 50-day MA, as the column shows. That said, I would appreciate replies to any or all of the following:

1) Of the 8 stocks shown, which ones (if any) would you deem most overbought with the 10-5-2010 run? I'm thinking AVEO due to price % change and volume decreasing the last couple of days. Not sure if I would short VHC (which has Jack-in-the-Beanstalk steep rise). Your thoughts on VHC? Or the other stocks?

2) How would you improve the script to make it more meaningful?

2) What columns and/or draws would you add to complement what is already shown?

3) Finally, my script may be a little clunky. How would you streamline it to get the same results? Code efficiency isn't my forte. But i'm learning.

Thanks!

Fetcher[
close is greater than 10
volume is greater than 50000
close is greater than 50% above ma(50)
add column ma(50)
set{b,close/ma(50)}
set{c,1}
set{d,b-c}
set{e,100}
set{f,e*d}
add column f{price above ma(50)%}
add column separator
add column rsi(14)
add column rsi(14) 1 day ago {rsi 1 d ago}
add column rsi(14) 2 days ago{rsi 2 d ago}
draw ma(50)
draw ma(200)
draw macd(12,26)
draw rsi(14)
draw average volume(50)
]

glgene
613 posts
msg #96784
Ignore glgene
10/6/2010 2:18:39 PM

I see where yesterday's top-bloated stock (VHC) from my script is off -8.52% today at 1:50 pm ET.

It was more than 100% above its MA(50). RSI(14) north of 90. Nosebleed territory.

Tried to short it at $19, but there were no shortable stocks with Fidelity. Have never done a Put option.

Reversion to the mean?

Whatever...

Still looking for any answers to my original questions from this post.

Thanks in advance!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Finding stocks 50% above MA(50)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.