StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Force Index<< >>Post Follow-up
Mindtrek
5 posts
msg #100883
Ignore Mindtrek
5/24/2011 8:29:49 AM

I've just begun toying with Force Index the past few days as a result of reading Alexander Elder's books. StockFetcher provides two examples (http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&fid=1006&tid=26046&qrid=&isiframe=). I then constructed:

show stocks where the FI(2) 3 days ago was below 0 and the FI(2) has been decreasing for 3 days and price is below 3 and average volume (10) is above 50000

The results don't make sense to me. For instance, ALN and CHAG turned up in my morning email. Looking at the chart on ThinkOrSwim, ALN's FI(2) on the daily turned up yesterday rather than decreasing. the same for CHAG.

This seems like it should be straightforward; no stocks should show up if FI(2) has turned up. How am I misreading this?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Mindtrek

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Force Index<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.