StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · GM<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
miketranz
956 posts
msg #69232
Ignore miketranz
11/15/2008 6:11:35 PM

That's a good question.You'll have to ask TheRumpledOne about that.......

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #69233
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/15/2008 7:11:52 PM

That's funny. You just wanted me to say....

"IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!"

marine2
963 posts
msg #69244
Ignore marine2
11/16/2008 10:46:40 PM

At this point, I don't think our government can turn their back on the auto industry. Too much as stake. If they let the American companies turn into dust it would drive our country down to third world status. Put a turban on your head and learn to ride a camel. Take a course in how to build a mud house and your on your way.

marine2
963 posts
msg #69245
Ignore marine2
11/16/2008 10:57:22 PM

About GM. Think of it this way, each year GM shaves more people off their legacy list, via death, people quitting, people being fired, people hitting the age of 65 where medicare coverage takes the burden off GM. We are talking about multi thousands of people. Many older workers and retirees are baby boomers and a huge bunch of them are at or near the 65 year old age. This will be a huge burden off GM's shoulders. If GM can bridge themselves past this tough 2009 and part of 2010 years they will be lean mean and certainly a fighting machine. I will put some money on them seeing a beautiful new future ahead of them. Would you want only foreign countries making ALL the automobiles of the future well of course not. Let's get OUR countries auto companies back into the game. America doesn't know the word quit.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #69250
Ignore chetron
modified
11/17/2008 7:09:46 AM

AMERICAN AUTOMAKERS AND BANKS WILL NEVER GET IT, THEY DON'T HAVE TO. THEY TAKE US FOR GRANTED. IF THE WORLD IS STILL HERE AFTER 2012, WE WILL BAIL THEM OUT AGAIN BEFORE 2020. IT IS LIKE CLOCK WORK.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #69276
Ignore miketranz
11/18/2008 9:38:10 AM

I've been in the automotive industry for over 30 years.I've always bought and still have GM vehicles.If you ask anyone in the know what happened,they're going to tell you that GM fell behind the curve in a big way.They did'nt adapt to changing market conditions in a timely manner.GM sells a product that nobody wants,consumers can't afford without credit,and is far behind its competitors in the "green scheme of things".Think about this,with the technology today,at least 50% of the cars on the road today should be electric "plug ins".GM's is now late in the 4th quarter,down 30-0......

wirechild
11 posts
msg #69279
Ignore wirechild
modified
11/18/2008 3:48:06 PM

I agree GM is way behind in quality and features and unfortunately until just recently Ford and Chrysler have been following GMs path for far too long.

marine2,

I don't think America agrees with you. The majority of our electronics, clothes, food, steel and a slew of other things comes from other countries. I wish that wasn't the case as much as you, but the general public just wants cheaper prices regardless of quality and where it is made...

marine2
963 posts
msg #69281
Ignore marine2
11/18/2008 9:43:33 PM

GM is not way behind on quality. Independant studies and awards groups have commended on their vast improvments in their design quality. The time our own government allowed the foreign companies to build plants in our southern poverish regions of our country is when America began going downwards in money status for their average class people. Less dollars going into our government road systems, our bridges, and other infrastructures that keep America strong and sound.

You Americans that would rather see our last great indutrial entities turn into dust must realize that this is exactly what our enemies have waited for, have yearned for, and are salvitating over. Ourselves destroying America.

Granted our American car leaders haven't done the greatest job previously. But why punish all of us and want to do away with their companies? Why not give them the loan under certain conditions and monitor their progress? I think that's a fair request. Make them more accountable to the American buyer, the American citizen. We will only benefit if they stay alive.

Always think how good your family and neighbors and schools, on and on had it from years past when our Big Three were strong and prosperous. Our country got desired and we were envied by many countries. Then the greed came in, whether it be the unions, wall street, banks etc.

Let's give them a chance to clean up their companies and be what we expect them to be. You the tax payers are willing to help Wall Street financial system out, why not the industrial companies? Blaming the American auto companies soley isnt the answer. Let's blame our own government for not minding their store.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #69282
Ignore miketranz
11/18/2008 11:32:58 PM

I agree with Marine,the government should step in,even in a limited capacity,to help GM get itself out of this mess.Remember,GM is a Dow component.It represents a symbol of a great American business.For it to go bankrupt,would be a discrace to the American public,a looming financial disaster waiting in the wings.If GM goes down,we are really going into uncharted territory..

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #69283
Ignore chetron
modified
11/19/2008 6:35:02 AM

GM IS A LOSER, NOT AMERICA. GM IS KILLING THE DOW. GM GOES BANKRUPT. GM LEAVES THE DOW. THE DOW GOES UP. SIMPLE MATH. GM IS A DISGRACE TO AMERICA.

I AM SORRY, I SHOULDN'T SINGLE OUT GM, PLEASE INCLUDE FORD ,CHRYSLER AND ALL NATIONAL BANKS.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · GM<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.