StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · HEY STOCKFETCHER - ANYONE HOME?<< >>Post Follow-up
drew9
171 posts
msg #76782
Ignore drew9
7/23/2009 9:48:02 PM

Come on guys, I have posted this 3 times and sent an email to Support days ago asking for help. Just need a simple response please?

I was wondering if it is possible to backtest a filter and using the Entry section on the Advanced Tab to include only stocks that open below the close from one day ago. I have tried many forms of this verbiage but it does not seem to work. Any insights would be very helpful as I would like to get some accurate results on this!

Thank you!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #76826
Ignore karennma
7/25/2009 9:35:35 AM

Hey Drew:
I'm just passn' thru ... I'm not a "filter writer", as I've been using the same filters for EIGHT years.
LOL!
Anywho ... your post said:
"include only stocks that open below the close from one day ago"

Is this what you want?:

Fetcher[Average Volume(30) > 1000000
close > 20
open below close one day ago
add column open
add column close one day ago
]

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #76827
Ignore karennma
7/25/2009 9:45:48 AM

also, Drew ...
the next time you need "filter" help, you might try the "Fillter Exchange" forum, as many members here don't even look at the "discussion" section.

drew9
171 posts
msg #76873
Ignore drew9
7/26/2009 11:18:15 PM

Hi Karen,

Appreciate your efforts but needed the help on backtesting a filter. It is a short filter and I only wanted to count those stocks that opened lower the next day. Apparently this cannot be done but it sure seems like it would be easy for SF to program? It is a bit frustrating though that after 4 posts and an email to Support they could not respond!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · HEY STOCKFETCHER - ANYONE HOME?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.