StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Habitual 45' angle gainers/losers<< >>Post Follow-up
mdl060374
94 posts
msg #66089
Ignore mdl060374
modified
8/11/2008 5:15:58 PM

I am just throwing this out there, as it was an idea that I stumbled across...

Would there be anyway for SF to find stocks that habitually make healthy GRADUAL moves from open to close, when they DO move...

In other words, I am looking (ideally) to find stocks that do trend often, yet dont just do so erractically, without rhyme or reason..

So often, you see the "BIG day rangers" move, but chop so erractially the trend isnt very tradable (for me at least, since I like to trade liquid issues based on pivots and S/R.)

Any thoughts on this?

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #66093
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
8/11/2008 7:55:03 PM

When looking for "Day-Rangers", you want to see at least a +10 difference in price on high priced stocks, and a +3-5 on stocks 40 to 50 when glancing at a SF chart. When you see 50-60, or 70-80, etc...you know you've found the right stocks. These are stocks that can move $2 to $4 a day, on any given day.

Fetcher[ Price gained more than 20% in the last 30-days
Volume above 100000
Close is above 5
]

Enjoy,

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

mdl060374
94 posts
msg #66107
Ignore mdl060374
8/12/2008 10:41:04 AM

Thanks Riggs.

Will check it out.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Habitual 45' angle gainers/losers<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.