StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Help from the Guru's in SF<< >>Post Follow-up
Albyco
7 posts
msg #50543
Ignore Albyco
3/12/2007 10:52:07 AM

Hi guys, I know that you all are much better at this than i am. I have tried to set up some backtesting and don't think I am am getting it right. I know the rumpled one could put this together in his sleep. I am trying to set these parmeters. Entry is an ema (7) cross above the ema (47). Volume must be at least a million and stock prices ranging from 10-55. I think I'm messing up the Exit. I want to exit the move after the first part happens, we exit on the (13) day simple moving average. I don't need to hold it for any certain time as long as that criteria is met. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Al

Albyco
7 posts
msg #50545
Ignore Albyco
3/12/2007 1:52:42 PM

I think where I could be going wrong is in the filter. I need to show stocks that are trending higher for this to work correctly. Is there a way to indicate High highs on the search filter. I noticed that when i back tested this filter it was taking short positons as well and that was throwing off the results.
Thanks
Al

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #50547
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
3/12/2007 7:08:13 PM

LOL... I couldn't figure out the backtest.

Backtesting this way is a waste of time in my opinion.

I do STATISTICAL TESTS of the STOCK DATA not the strategy.

I look for stocks that give me a chance of victory more often than not. Just look at my GAP FILL STATISTICS FILTER. Easy pickings.

It's simple... just draw a couple of horizontal lines and sooner or later the price has to cross one of them. It's simply a matter of GEOMETRY.

That's why I daytrade AAPL. So simple to make AAPL juice.

Albyco
7 posts
msg #50552
Ignore Albyco
3/13/2007 10:45:47 AM

Thanks, I thought you would have the answer. The backtest is skued by the fact that my exit strat is not really bogus, it's that I cant't get it to understand not to take bear positions. When I back test it always takes a short position to exit when my entry is for a long position only. I will try i TS and see if i can get that to understand. If anyone else could help......and i know your'e out there, lend a hand so we can put this one to rest.
Thanks
Al

Niagara
49 posts
msg #50555
Ignore Niagara
3/13/2007 11:34:00 PM

TRO
"I look for stocks that give me a chance of victory more often than not. Just look at my GAP FILL STATISTICS FILTER. Easy pickings.

It's simple... just draw a couple of horizontal lines and sooner or later the price has to cross one of them. It's simply a matter of GEOMETRY."

You make it sound so easy. How do you choose where to place the horizontal lines? You will probably say above and below the present price. How do you choose in which direction to place the trade? You will probably say in the direction it is now moving. Any advice on how to manage stops?

BTW, I love your postings.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #50558
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/14/2007 12:40:42 AM

Niagara:

Sounds like you already have the answers. Where to place the lines? Just read my MILK THE COW threads.

STOPS? Stops are for sissies...LOL! Actually, just use the MONEY MANAGEMENT SPREADSHEET I have posted on www.kreslik.com and make sure your stops don't wipe out your profits.

Don't you just love how they hand out FREE MONEY everyday??!!?!?!

astroanalyst
48 posts
msg #50647
Ignore astroanalyst
3/23/2007 1:44:37 AM

"...Actually, just use the MONEY MANAGEMENT SPREADSHEET I have posted on www.kreslik.com..."

TRO, I've searched the Kreslik site and have not been able to locate the spreadsheet. Is it still available? If so, any chance of a direct link or where on Kreslik.com I should look for it...

TIA...

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #50665
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/24/2007 9:12:59 PM

Here's the link:

http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=455&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

NOTE: You must be a registered member of www.kreslik.com to download files. Membership is free. NO ADs and NO SPAM.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Help from the Guru's in SF<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.