StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Help with Historic Volatility please<< >>Post Follow-up
BZ1983
7 posts
msg #88734
Ignore BZ1983
2/25/2010 2:53:00 PM

I need a little help with a Volatility screener I'm creating.

I know how to put the Historic Volatility graph on a chart as in the following:
show stocks where the Historical Volatility(100,1) is above 10

But I want to display the moving average of Historic Volatility as well. Is this possible? I tried:
and draw Average Historical Volatility(100,1)

but that didn't show anything.

Thanks for your help,
Brad.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #88735
Ignore chetron
2/25/2010 3:07:59 PM

MAYBE...

Fetcher[
show stocks where the Historical Volatility(100,1) is above 10

draw CMA(Historical Volatility(100,1),13)

]

BZ1983
7 posts
msg #88736
Ignore BZ1983
2/25/2010 3:17:43 PM

Yea that helps. Quick question, what is the 13? I'm guessing 13 period Moving average?

Also, in the historic volatility there are two number (100,1)

100 is for 100 days, what is 1? Does that mean it goes day by day?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Help with Historic Volatility please<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.