StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Help with linear regression channel scan<< >>Post Follow-up
papagatorga
124 posts
msg #49852
Ignore papagatorga
2/6/2007 11:13:09 AM

I use this but am not getting any results "show stocks whose price is at the bottom of a two year uptrending linear regression channel". Is this too complex for just one filter or do I need to break it into two scans and then match them in a Watch List? Or is it even possible to scan like I am asking it to do?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #49860
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
2/6/2007 4:45:54 PM

Fetcher[
104 week slope of the weekly close above 0
]

Is this close?

It's pushing the limits...

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #49870
Ignore maxreturn
2/6/2007 8:43:51 PM

How about this?

Fetcher[linear regression slope(100) above 0
price near weekly bottom linear regression line(100)
chart-display is weekly
]

Regards
Max

papagatorga
124 posts
msg #49945
Ignore papagatorga
2/10/2007 9:51:05 AM

RumpledOne you are always so gracious to post a reply. Unfortunately this one did not work well, most of the prices were nearer the top of the channel. Maxreturn seemed to have hit it very well, I checked the first 4-5 and they were all right on target. Thanks much Maxreturn.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #49949
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
2/10/2007 7:22:36 PM

You're welcome.

My post was incomplete ... that's why I asked if it was close... SF doesn't provide the data you really wanted. You wanted 2 years and all SF can do is 200 days.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #49953
Ignore maxreturn
modified
2/11/2007 1:54:01 PM

You're welcome papagatorga. TRO is right about SF limitations. Quite often you have to use weekly charts to get close to what you want.

Max

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Help with linear regression channel scan<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.