StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Heres something weird<< >>Post Follow-up
SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #34393
Ignore SurfnDestiny
12/16/2004 6:29:50 PM

If I execute the following command line by itself it seems to only produce stocks below 2 dollars a share. If I add any kind of other command line, such as a average volume command or a price range command then it comes back with no matches at all.

The stocks it matches above a dollar a share are fascinating, because they have been hammered into the dirt, but some of them recently have had a volume/price spike. You need to look at their chart at a 1 year interval. Is it me or my computer, or does anybody else get strange results with this command?.

Fetcher[Show stocks where the slope of close is < -1 for the last 200 days]

kgriffen
49 posts
msg #34399
Ignore kgriffen
12/17/2004 12:20:42 AM

That slope is very extreme and the only stocks that match are penny stocks due to the extreme slope. Try a little less slope.

cegis
235 posts
msg #34408
Ignore cegis
12/17/2004 1:53:25 PM

SurfnDestiny,

Do you mean "200 day slope of close < -1", which is MUCH different than "slope of close < -1 for the last 200 days". The first takes the slope over 200 days, where the second checks the slope on EACH of the past 200 days.

HTH,

C

SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #34411
Ignore SurfnDestiny
12/17/2004 5:28:39 PM

Yea, I kind of figured the reason for the results was how extreme the equation was. Pretty wild that there actually stocks that fit the criteria. I saw one match that had went from about 55 dollars a share back in March to a dollar a share at present. Now thats going belly up!. I`ll have to change the value to +1 and see if any stocks climbed at that rate.

But the main thing I was pointing out was that if you add any other type of command line, all matches seem to disapear, even just a days offset command, or a command to set a price window. I was just wondering if it did that when somebody else tried to add something to it..

SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #34412
Ignore SurfnDestiny
12/17/2004 5:33:31 PM

I meant for the slope to be under -1 for the 200 day period. I was looking for stocks that have been in a long term price decline, then watch them for a possible reversal upon some positive news. I just happen to plug in -1 as a lark, to see if there were actually results.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #34421
Ignore karennma
12/18/2004 3:21:37 PM

I added:
"and add column close 30 days ago"

It doesn't work.
Any idea why?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #34423
Ignore karennma
12/18/2004 5:06:33 PM

Nevermind ....
The reverse works ...
"where 200 day slope of close is < -1 "
and add column close 30 days ago

THX.

SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #34438
Ignore SurfnDestiny
12/19/2004 6:15:13 PM

If I edit the wording differently, then I can add other lines. But, the way I originally had it worded, you could not add any other type of command without all matches disappearing. I don`t know why. I just thought it was interesting to note.

rtucker
318 posts
msg #34459
Ignore rtucker
12/22/2004 3:30:52 AM

Interesting. I always thought of the slope of close as ie: .07 means 7 percent and .2 means 20% etc.. . Didnt think SF would return < 1 but I saw one that was 1.22. Thought only stocks I bought could decline 122%

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Heres something weird<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.